Hotels in New Orleans Port

pawsue521

Again, I'm new at this so I apologize if I'm doing this incorrectly. I've tried "searching" previous posts and am a little confused. Therefore, I may be asking something that has answers already posted. Please help me if this is the case!

Anyone have info about good (safe, clean, comfortable) hotels very close to the New Orleans port? Also, is it a good idea to park at the hotel during the cruise or better to park at the port? Thanks in advance for all the great info I know you're going to give me! :)

Again, I'm new at this so I apologize if I'm doing this incorrectly. I've tried "searching" previous posts and am a little confused. Therefore, I may be asking something that has answers already posted. Please help me if this is the case!

Anyone have info about good (safe, clean, comfortable) hotels very close to the New Orleans port? Also, is it a good idea to park at the hotel during the cruise or better to park at the port? Thanks in advance for all the great info I know you're going to give me! :)

We stayed at the Drury Inn.. very nice and close to the Quarter .. by street car of walking... and I do believe they offer onsite parking..

I stayed the last two times at Holiday Inn Superdome, because it is only $99 and has a shuttle to the port and includes cruise parking.

I stayed at the Drury before that, but they have just gotten too expensive .. though its a really really nice hotel. Iv heard the nicest Drury in the nation.

As far as is it a good idea to park at the port.. depends on if you consider $16 a day reasonable or not.

Here is a link to gulf port departures in particular.

Mostly Galveston and New Orleans .. a little Mobile thrown in .. but at least a third of the posts are regarding leaving from New Orleans in particular... which hotels people used if they flew in or drove in etc.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=414

If your thead gets moved ... the above will be where you can find it.

You can stay close to the port but I prefer to come in a couple of days early and stay in the French Quarter. If you stay close to Canal Street and between Royal Street and the Mississippi River, you'll find everything within an easy walking distance.

2369585590098903857S500x500Q85.jpg

2647929440098903857S500x500Q85.jpg

From Jackson Square in the French Quarter

Parking at the terminal is a breeze. After the cruise, you'll be out on the road in no time as well.

Be sure and book direct with the hotel if you want cruise parking, as you probably have to book a cruise deal to get the parking included. You cant book the online rate for Drury and get it for instance.

As far as staying on the edge of French Qtr or right inside.. its not that far for me to walk a couple of extra blocks. both Drury and Holiday Inn Superdome (holiday inn has some inside french qtr but the free parking isnt offered).

I had no trouble walking all over the french qtr from either of these hotels.

Depending on your needs, there are lots of options. We will be staying at the Hampton Inn Convention Center location, it's next to the cruise terminal and they offer parking and shuttle services. The parking looked pricey, but we're flying in. Since we'll have the kids with us we didn't want to stay in the French Quarter. The hotel is highly rated and has a nice pool for the kids, plus the location works for us. It's unique in that the building was originally a cotton warehouse.

Depending on your needs, there are lots of options. We will be staying at the Hampton Inn Convention Center location, it's next to the cruise terminal and they offer parking and shuttle services. The parking looked pricey, but we're flying in. Since we'll have the kids with us we didn't want to stay in the French Quarter. The hotel is highly rated and has a nice pool for the kids, plus the location works for us. It's unique in that the building was originally a cotton warehouse.

You know you can just walk down riverwalk and into the french qtr. Its not that far.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn near the super dome with a cruise package. Reassonably priced and they also have a shuttle to take you down to the french quarter and you can call and they will pick you up and take you back to the hotel

Archived