Which sulfur pool to choose

carmel

I have seen mentioned a few sulfur pools on Dominica. I'm leaning towards Screws.

We want some place close to the port that is not a 'hassle' to get to and from. I've read that taxis can easily take you there and you can arrange to be brought back.

Thoughts? Input?

thanks!

• 1 month later...
I have seen mentioned a few sulfur pools on Dominica. I'm leaning towards Screws.

We want some place close to the port that is not a 'hassle' to get to and from. I've read that taxis can easily take you there and you can arrange to be brought back.

Thoughts? Input?

thanks!

Check out the link below

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147281-d1028448-Reviews-Screw_s_Sulphur_Spa-Dominica.html

• 1 month later...

Screws is definitely NOT where we went a week ago while on the Equinox. The Sulpher Spring was natural, very pungent and very hot; you could feel the heat from the little bridge. Our tour was with My Sister's Tours. Helen is a great guide, driver and representative of her country.

Just back from there. Last trip (nov 13) we went to Tia's...it is a lot smaller but very beautiful and more intimate. This trip we went to screw spa on a ship tour and it was wonderful! They are closed on Mondays which is why we did Tia's before. Screw spa is working on a water slide...said they hope to gave it done in October or November. I would not hesitate to go back to either but will just take a taxi next time. We did the ships tour cause we wanted to take the kids to Titou Gorge and you really need a tour for that.

• 4 weeks later...

When we went in Nov, the taxi wanted $80 round trip to take us to Screws. I thought that was way to expensive. Ended up taking a tour for $30 with another guy and they dropped us off at another place. It was ok, but when we went back to the ship we passed right by Screws Spa, so the taxi lied to us. I think he must have gotten a kick back from where he took us.