Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > Costa Maya

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old August 2nd, 2008, 06:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default which ships visited Costa Maya in July ?

I wanted to read reviews of anyone's visit to the 'new' Costa Maya in July -- what cruise lines or ships ported there?

I wanted to do a search for the info but was not sure where to search!

RCCL Splendour of the Seas, Cozumel - from Galveston...2/23/06----RCCL The Grandeur, W Caribbean from New Orleans...1/13/07--- Carnival Fantasy from New Orleans....11/26/07---Carnival Spirit from San Diego.....10/18/08---NCL Spirit from New Orleans 1/4/09
2010: Carnival Triumph, W Carib -RT New Orleans...2/1/10; NCL EPIC, MODIFIED due to hurricane - combo E and W Carib-RT Miami....8/28/10
2011: NCL POA, HAWAII- RT Honolulu....2/12/11;

Old August 3rd, 2008, 07:58 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Not til October

It's my understanding that the first ship to call on Costa Maya will be the Westerday on 10/31. They're still in rebuild mode.

Old August 3rd, 2008, 10:03 AM
Cool Cruiser

I knew Oct was the original 'opening' date but I had read on various threads earlier this season that a few ships were to be allowed to port there in July anyway -- was not sure IF that happened and if so -- what cruise ships those were?

RCCL Splendour of the Seas, Cozumel - from Galveston...2/23/06----RCCL The Grandeur, W Caribbean from New Orleans...1/13/07--- Carnival Fantasy from New Orleans....11/26/07---Carnival Spirit from San Diego.....10/18/08---NCL Spirit from New Orleans 1/4/09
2010: Carnival Triumph, W Carib -RT New Orleans...2/1/10; NCL EPIC, MODIFIED due to hurricane - combo E and W Carib-RT Miami....8/28/10
2011: NCL POA, HAWAII- RT Honolulu....2/12/11;

Old August 3rd, 2008, 11:45 AM
Cool Cruiser

I'm anxious to see if there were. Had been looking forward to others' posts, but then found out that we were to be the first (on 10/31). If that's not the case, I also would love to hear from them as to what it's like there.

Old August 8th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

rarescrambler-I noticed you are on the same sailing as we are. I started a Roll Call quite some time ago and we now have a great, enthusiastic group of 43 and growing if you would like to come on over.
Bob