Have You Exchanged Timeshare Week for Cruise

ShooMoo

The only site I have seen this option is on Ice Rewards and the points exchange system they used was not very good. That does not surprise me about ICE.

Interval International sells cruises but I have never tried to swap for a cruise.

The price of cruises is still low enough that I keep my timeshare weeks for a better location like the 2 BR on the Las Vegas strip during the National Finals Rodeo.

i tried to trade RCI and they only trade to europe.. no cruises to the carrabean..

interv inter. would trade a week for a cruise, but you had to pay the difference. and it was still more that my past guest discount..

I swapped my West Gate 1 bedroom lock-off with Interval for a week on the Legend last Nov. They give you a credit towards whatever the lowest fare is at the time. I got an ES rate and my fare actually went down a bit. My cruise credit was about half the cost of my cruise (8B) by the way!!

Mark

Thanks everyone.

I called Interval to get an idea of what I would get for an one week exchange. Since I deposit my week, they could not give me an estimate. I'm curious as to whether it is worth the exchange and a good value. I have a 2 bedroom/2 bath unit in a highly desirable resort during high season.

Has anyone ever exchanged their timeshare week for a cruise? I was wondering what ship and category you received? Also, were there additional costs required?

Thanks

I have done a timshare exchange for a cruise through the Wyndham Points exchange program. I have two timehares, one that is a "weeks" program through RCI and the other is a "points" program through Wyndham. I have never done an exchange through the weeks program because it was not worth it. They basically offer you a "discounted" rate for exhanging your week. They really only offered "discounts" on 7day or longer cruises. It was always cheaper just to book through the cruiseline or a travel agent.

I have recentley done a cruise exchange through the Wyndham points exchange for my wedding/honeymoon cruise. I basically used my points from two timeshare weeks to pay for a balcony guarantee room for my parents on the Carnival Glory (week-long eastern carribean cruise). I had to pay the port charges and fees though. It was worth it for me. My parents ended up with a category 8D balcony room.

I have a Marriott Timeshare in Williamsburg. I am told it has high exchange value. I have had very good luck trading it for properties in Boston, Vegas and Florida.

I just booked a cruise on the Dream for next April - my cruise in a balcony cabin is about 2300 for the two of us. Interval was going to give me less than 1000 credit. I did not think it was worth it.

We have timeshare and using the weeks are not worth it. You pay for the exchange plus the cruise!!! Wheres the saving on that?? So we switched to point system and it is a lot better so I hear. I haven't used it yet because my DS'S have used the points for airfare and spring break. So we need to save our points for the next cruise and airfare. Our timeshare resorts are one of the highest you can get and we have 2 properties we can use the points from.

"Interval was going to give me less than 1000 credit. I did not think it was worth it. "

JPH814, I agree... That's not a good exchange. My timeshare is at a 5 star resort in Cancun. I have received excellent trade value over the years. I can sale the week through Redweek.com for 2 grand.

It appears the point system works better. Thanks everyone.... I believe we will keep our week and search for bargin cruises.

• 4 months later...

Just heard from RCI (not the cruiselinebut timeshare and vacation org) that for $3200 they give you a cruise for 2 and 7 day resort stay or 2 3night hotel stays to be used in the future. Want to know if others who have RCI membership if they got this. Seems too good to be true but don't give the details to us. ???

We looked in to doing it with wyndham. They offered to take our points, charge us a fee that was the same price as the cruise. They had an option to do three days on shore and three days on a boat, that deal was better but not much. I love my timeshare, the resorts are awesome but trading points for a cruise is not the way to go for us.

Archived