Form DD215

gracecarmo

Hello all: good to see this site is available.

Question: We are sailing on Celebrity on one of the Military Rates. It says on the web site that we will need form DD215, which we have. Do we need to take the form with the imprint or will a copy do?

Another place, in our docs, it says to bring a blue ID card. We do not have such a card. I hope all we need is this form DD215?

If anyone here has used the Military Rate on Celebrity, please advise as to what type of procedure they use when checking in.

Right now, Celebrity has some fantastic rates on our 9-12-10 Canada and New England.

DD215? I know DD214 is what we were told. I have not heard of the 215. I called NCL just the other day because I wondered about the card. All we have is the DD214 document 8 1/2 x 11 form. I used to have a certificate, but can not find it and they told me what I had was fine and to just have it when we checked in at the pier. Hope this helps.

Question: We are sailing on Celebrity on one of the Military Rates. It says on the web site that we will need form DD215, which we have. Do we need to take the form with the imprint or will a copy do?

Another place, in our docs, it says to bring a blue ID card. We do not have such a card. I hope all we need is this form DD215?

If anyone here has used the Military Rate on Celebrity, please advise as to what type of procedure they use when checking in.

Right now, Celebrity has some fantastic rates on our 9-12-10 Canada and New England.

Scan and send a copy of your DD214 to Celebrity..they will then have it on file..I also carry a copy with me..the original stays at home. The blue ID card is for active duty - gray card for retired/

Hi, we sailed Celebrity Summit in June with a Military Rate and went from an OV to Conciegre Balcony, which was terrific. Anyway, brought the DD214 (copy since the US government holds the original) and they didn't even ask to see it when we checked in. Enjoy your cruise!

I have cruised Celebrity, Disney, RCL, Carnival, Costa and NCl all on military rates. Carnival is the only one who asked for documentation, and I sent a copy of my Retired (Blue) ID card via e-mail. No line has ever asked for documentation at the pier, but I always have my ID with me.

They want to fill the boats, and I am not sure how much they check, but I would carry ID or DD 214 just in case.

Ken S

Does anyone know if you can combine a military discount with the Captain's Club upgrade (oceanview cabin)? For example, could you get the category 8 military rate on a category 7 cabin, instead of paying the category 7 military rate?

That could be tricky....in reading the fine print re the rules of the discount some say no, others say yes. Probably best to ask the Captain's Club, and call more than once!

I applied for the RCCL shareholder benefit to be applied to my cruise using the Military rate and at first they said no. Then I got an email and they said it was applied. Guess I will just have to wait and see.

• 4 weeks later...

I just emailed them a copy of my husband's active duty card, and my father-in-law just faxed them in a copy of his DD214. Both of them always carry their IDs, as well as his mother and me, so we have more than enough proof that we are a military family. :)

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from the Summit, and they just glanced at the DD214 form.

Another question: on this forum is anyone keeping track of any military rates on the various cruises when they become available?

A good friend (20 year vet) is interested in a cruise and I told him about this forum on CC.

We had to cancel our next voyage on the Constellation, but will rebook on another cruise later, in April.

Edit: I just read posts in this forum, and see that there is indeed a web site that lists all military rates currently available. Just google (be creative, as it is not legal to mention TA sites here) "go vacationing military" and you will see many sites.

There are a lot of last minute cruises listed....that seems to be the norm for discounts to the military.

• 2 months later...
Scan and send a copy of your DD214 to Celebrity..they will then have it on file..I also carry a copy with me..the original stays at home. The blue ID card is for active duty - gray card for retired/

Blue = Retired (I'm looking at mine right now)

Green = Active Duty

Red = Reserve

• 1 year later...
I have cruised Celebrity, Disney, RCL, Carnival, Costa and NCl all on military rates. Carnival is the only one who asked for documentation, and I sent a copy of my Retired (Blue) ID card via e-mail. No line has ever asked for documentation at the pier, but I always have my ID with me.

They want to fill the boats, and I am not sure how much they check, but I would carry ID or DD 214 just in case.

Ken S

We sure hope they never have to fill "the boats". we would rather be safe aboard ship.

Retired Coast Guard:D:D

Archived