Cabo Questions, need help planning.

judyf

Okay from all the great info I found here I think I have our day planned for my mother and I. But I need some help.

We want to do three things.

1) Glass bottom boat tour. Get off by Melia Resort or beach, I think?

2) Spend some time at the Melia, thanks to the poster who posted those great pictures. I can have some sun time and my mother can relax in the shade.

3) Go to Cabo Wabo, Office and the smallest bar just look around at the area places.

Now, the help.

What's the best way to do these things?

How far a walk is it from the Melia area to Cabo Wabo?

Can you get the glass bottom boat ride one way? I think the price is round trip.

I was thinking and that's scary in it's self.

Getting off ship, go striaght to the boat tour, dropping us off at the Melia get an area in the shade, spend most of the day there. Last hour or so walk to Cabo Wabo look around get a waborita. Then get a cab back to the tender.

Concerns I have with this plan and is why I'm asking for help.

Will Cabo Wabo be packed by then? We are in port with 2 other ships.

Is the walk too far for my mother in the heat to Cabo Wabo?

Will we get to the Melia too late for a shade location?

Hate to pay for R/T boat ride and then pay for cab too. But what the heck.

For those that have been here before what's the best plan to do the above things.

Almost forgot we are in Cabo on Easter Sunday.

Thanks for any help!!!!

Where the tenders dock is where you can pickup a glass bottom boat over to Lovers Beach area. These two locations melia and lovers beach are in different directions.

You could take the water taxi to the melia but getting in and out of the boat is difficult in the surf so keep that in mind with your mother. It is too far, in my opinion to walk from Melia to Cabo Wabo. You will need a cab.

I have gone to Cabo Wabo twice off a boat and once on a land vacation and the open deck is normally crowded. In side is not crowed but not really all that fun. There is a bar right downstairs from Cabo Wabo in the open market and it was a kick.

I know you have read about the office but I like the place right next door that is called the Mango Deck. The have lounge chairs service on the beach and all the stuff that goes with it.

Hope this helps and have a great time. Erik

Thanks. It's a long walk then. How much is a cab? About?

What time does it open? I don't think it would be fun to go there first when we dock. It's too ealry we're in port from 8-4. That's why I thought the tour, Melia andd then cabo and town.

Thanks for the tip.

You will have no trouble getting the water taxi to drop you off at the Melia after your tour; just let them know in advance what you want, and negotiate a price; don't accept the offered rate. From the Melia, it is a short walk down the beach to the Office, so you should do that next. As the other posters mentioned, you should plan on a land taxi if you want to hit Cabo Wabo after Melia/Office. I believe you can just walk away from the ocean, behind the businesses, and you'll get to the road. From Cabo Wabo, it isn't an outrageous walk back to the tenders, if you're still in walking condition.;) If you do a search on Cabo Wabo you'll find a long thread that gives some detailed directions. Otherwise if you're too "tired", you could catch another land taxi back to the tenders. If you choose to skip Wabo, you'd want to catch a water taxi from Melia/Office to the tender pier (still too far to walk). I can't comment on when are good or bad times to go to Cabo Wabo.

Thanks for the tips. I think I got it now. Please correct me if I'm wrong

1) Get off ship tender, get glass bottom boat tour.

2) Get dropped off at Melia walk to Officdee if we wish.

3) Get cab to Cabo Wabo

4) Walk or get cab back to tenders.

Last questions if the above is correct. I noticed on the maos there's 2 Melia, should I ask for a cretain one? Name of a beach or place to get the right location?

Thanks!

I think that would work for you. I am not personally aware of the two Melias, so maybe someone else will answer for you. At least one of them, and the Office, are on Medano Beach, which is the main beach there. Do they have web sites that show their locations?

Do they have web sites that show their locations?

Yes, that's where I saw there's were two different ones. I will have to try and find the info and post it here.

Thanks for all the help!!!

Archived