Thinking of cruising at Spring Break... Possible line other than Carnival??

ly26

Hi everyone!

I am thinking about expanding my horizons and trying a different cruise line for Spring Break (March 2016).

We have cruised Carnival exclusively on Fascination, Fantasy, Glory and Liberty.

It is me (51), DH (52), DS (17) and DD (14). We cruise to decompress and relax, so specific ports are not that important. Just getting away and relaxing is the top criteria. My son has no need for any ship experiences. He is similar to me and DH enjoying reading, etc. But my daughter loves meeting new people and going to the dances, etc. with Circle C.

I know several of you have done many different cruise lines, so I was hoping to hear some comparison opinions.

I’m looking at these as possible options:

Fort Lauderdale/Princess Emerald(7 days) – Princess Cays/St. Marteen/St Thomas/Grand Turk

Fort Lauderdale/RC Oasis of the Seas (7 days) – Labadee/Falmouth/Cozumel

Fort Lauderdale/Celebrity Silhouette (7 days) – San Juan/St Kitts/St Marteen

Tampa/RC Vision of the Seas (7 days) – Roatan/Belize City/Costa Maya/Cozumel

Miami/MSC Divina (7 days) – St Thomas/San Juan/Nassau

Miami/Norwegian Escape (7 days) – St Thomas/Tortola/Nassau

Or fall into the Carnival pattern 

Miami/Carnival Glory (7 days) – Cozumel/Belize City/Roatan/Grand Cayman

THANKS!!!

I would cross off both MSC and Celebrity for kids. The NCL Escape is new, has teen programs and has 3 sea days. The Oasis would also be a ship experience but has a nice beach in Labadee. I'm sure you could find places to relax on either the Escape or Oasis.

Looking at your cruise history, I'd cross out ANY itinerary with Nassau. I would lean towards the Oasis of the Seas. Amazing ship, like nothing you've ever experienced. To this day, our cruise on the Allure (Oasis' sister) qualifies as one of our most unique and memorable cruise experiences. And as mentioned above, Labadee is pure heaven on earth. Very relaxing, specially if you book an overwater cabana in Nellie's Beach. Even if there's a price difference to sail on the Oasis, it is well worth it! The only problem with sailing on Oasis is that after taking a bite off that forbidden fruit, you'll never see cruising the same way.

It's true that other cruise lines like Celebrity and Princess cater to a more sedated and polished clientele, but they do have kids programs and facilities, and during Spring Break, you'll find a considerably larger than normal number of kids onboard.

Most of them will be fine.

Celebrity wil have children (we would take ours) and the same is true for Princess and of course NCL and RCI.

I would skip Carnival and branch out and in a lot of ways MSC has similarities to Carnival and so does NCL.

So I would look at RCI, Celebrity and Princess. They will be great for adults and kids.

Keith

Do not fall into the Carnival pattern. Get out and try other lines. Cruising is so much better when you don't stick to one line.

I also recommend the Oasis. It is an awesome ship with awesome entertainment.

Silhouette is also an awesome ship, but your daughter will be disappointed with the dancing scene at night.