Belize Zoo ?

StripedCat

Has anyone used a private service provider in Belize port to go to Belize Zoo? Or is it accessible by taxi ? How far a ride is Zoo from port ? Zoo video looks like not want to miss, filled with close-up, indigenous rescues. Wondering if others have experienced it. Any related info appreciated. Thank you.

Best tour of our trip. The zoo is remarkable. We spent three enchanted hours there. Used Belize Exotic Adventures. Great price includes water, entry fee and lunch plus Nickoli was outstanding. He is a true animal lover and definitely knows the zoo personally. He knew right where different animals hung out and their stories. Feeding and petting the tabirs was the best! He also took us through old Belize city and told us history, political stories and gave us a feel for the climatic differences. I highly recommend them. Do not miss the zoo!

I should have said that the drive to the zoo was about 45 minutes to an hour. I highly recommend Belize Exotic Adventures as the means to go to the zoo. This is a top notch outfit and very knowledgeable about the zoo. They also offer other tours which have received rave reviews. Check them out on trip advisor.

• 7 months later...

We went to the zoo several years ago and were immediately attacked by giant mosquitoes when we got out of the van. We had to buy something to spray on our bodies right away because we didn't take anything with us.

Make sure you go prepared in case. We just found a company when we got to the port....don't even know what company it was. I am thankful it was a good company and the driver was a very good guide telling us about the animals and about Belize as we rode there and back. I didn't realize it was so far from the port. I am very thankful we didn't have any problems getting back in time.