Hurtigruten Shore Excursions:2010 prices LESS expensive than 2009?

janetcbl

I was checking out the Norway Coastal Voyages for 2009 and 2010 and noted that the 2010 Land Excursions were much less expensive that 2009! That's right, 2010 Land Excursions are LESS expensive than 2009...some by $30 per excursion per person! Anyone know why this is so?

I was checking out the Norway Coastal Voyages for 2009 and 2010 and noted that the 2010 Land Excursions were much less expensive that 2009! That's right, 2010 Land Excursions are LESS expensive than 2009...some by $30 per excursion per person! Anyone know why this is so?

Maybe you could send an email off to Hurtigruten and ask them.

Maybe it is yet another sign of the economic times and they got a better deal from their suppliers for 2010.

Very strange I received the Hurtigruten brochure through the post today and excursions on the Northen Lights cruises are £1 to £3 dearer in 2010. Could it be your dollar is getting a better rate to the Kroner than our poor old pound?

• 6 months later...

According to Hurtigruten, the prices for the excursions are set far in advance. Therefore since the exchange rate changes, the excursions may be more or less expensive depending what the kronor does vs. your currency. We waited to purchase the excursions until we were on the ship and paid much less in kronor than we would have paid in dollars/pounds. None of the excursions was sold out pre- cruise. I'd recommend the Geiranger Fjord excursion (northbound), Breakfast at the North Cape (southbound), and the Atlantic Road (southbound) as excursions not to miss. We "did" the cities on our own, and up north, did some lovely hikes. The voyage was wonderful; we did the 12 day trip and were never bored.

• 1 month later...
Sounds like you are taking the trip next year. We are booked for May 25. Have you any feedback on which excursions are Must Do?

We are sailing on the Hurtigruten Nordkapp, booked through Vantage Travel. We are boarding in Bergen on May 5, 2010. Is anyone else with us on this sailing? Anyone who has taken this cruise have any feedbacks on elective excursions?

Archived