How to get from Zeebrugge to Brussels

I have been doing research on how to get from the port of Zeebrugge to Brussels. It is so confusing. I have read about taking a bus from Zeebrugge to Bruges and then a train to Brussels. And something about a coastal tram. And then I read the train station in Zeebrugge is only open June - August. OMG!!

Can anyone tell me the straighforward answer to get from Zeebrugge to Brussels?? Price is not that important - just convenience. I'm okay with buses, trains, whatever. I just can't figure out where everything is in relation to the port.

Thanks =)

Michael

Excellent hourly rail service to Brussels (Bruxelles) from Blankenberge, its the same train as many of your fellow-passengers will be taking as far as Bruges. Do double-check, but I think it leaves at 11mins past the hour.

From Zeebrugge to the rail station at Blankenberge is about 2 to 3 miles. Probably your ship will be running a transfer to the station, on some cruise lines such as P&O its free but it'll only be a few dollars if its charged.

That's your simplest transfer.

Or there'll be taxis at the quayside, but they'll be looking for €50 fares to Bruges & will probably decine the little hop to Blankenberge.

Or the tram, the "kusttram" runs right past the port gate. No tramstop at that point, but it'll be a short walk in one direction or the other. You need to buy a ticket before you board, there'll be a kiosk or a local shop by the tramstop. There's a tramstop right outside the train station in Blankenberge.

For your return train from Brussels, doublecheck if the train splits when it gets to Bruges & make sure you're on the right end of the train for Blankenberge.

Easier than I've made it seem.:rolleyes:

JB :)

Archived