Fort Lauderdale Airport (FLL) to Miami Cruise Port Transportation Review

alg7334

I just got off the Carnival Sensation 4 night cruise to Cozumel Thurs 5/19 - Mon 5/23. Highly recommend this short fun itinerary! I wanted to provide some quick info on transportation to and from the FLL airport based on my most recent experience.

My flight landed in FLL on Thursday at about 10:45 a.m. I did not make any arrangements for transportation in advance because I planned to use Uber. As I was walking over to the ground transportation area to get ready to call for an Uber, I saw a small booth that said "Welcome Carnival Guests". I stopped by to ask about the Carnival Transportation. They told me it was $31 one way and would be leaving in a few minutes. It would be an air conditioned bus with no other stops direct to the cruise port. Great! Even better, they said I could charge it to my onboard account by just providing my confirmation number so I didn't have to use any cash or credit card right there. Sold!

All sounded good but a few minutes quickly turned into a 45 minute wait.... The shuttle didn't arrive until 11:30 a.m. My boarding time was 11:30 a.m. and I was meeting friends so I was disappointed I'd miss the boarding photo. It was about a 35 minute drive from the FLL airport to the cruise port. The buses drop off on a little side area and there are luggage handlers right there for you to give your luggage to. As long as you don't mind the transportation being SLOW, it was affordable, safe, convenient and easy. And you didn't need a reservation in advance.

For my return trip, I booked a flight that was cutting it close. My flight was leaving FLL at 10:50 a.m. (boarding time 10:20 a.m.) so it was essential that I was one of the first off the boat. I headed downstairs at 7:30 a.m. to get in line and was about the 20th person in line. I was off the boat and threw customers by about 8:11 a.m. I called an Uber when I got outside, it took 3 minutes for him to arrive and a quick easy 34 minutes from the cruise port to FLL. There is an express lane going that way. The total cost of the fare was $33.37. I was threw security and at a table for breakfast by 9 a.m. This is an even better deal if you have more than 1 person with you because it's so affordable.

Uber is now allowed in the port - I saw previously they were not. I did ask the driver and he said they are all cleared.

Overall I recommend taking Uber instead of Carnival provided transportation, renting a car or a cab. It's quick, easy, affordable, there is always one available and it's safe.

Let me know if you have questions.

I just got off the Carnival Sensation 4 night cruise to Cozumel Thurs 5/19 - Mon 5/23. Highly recommend this short fun itinerary! I wanted to provide some quick info on transportation to and from the FLL airport based on my most recent experience.

My flight landed in FLL on Thursday at about 10:45 a.m. I did not make any arrangements for transportation in advance because I planned to use Uber. As I was walking over to the ground transportation area to get ready to call for an Uber, I saw a small booth that said "Welcome Carnival Guests". I stopped by to ask about the Carnival Transportation. They told me it was $31 one way and would be leaving in a few minutes. It would be an air conditioned bus with no other stops direct to the cruise port. Great! Even better, they said I could charge it to my onboard account by just providing my confirmation number so I didn't have to use any cash or credit card right there. Sold!

All sounded good but a few minutes quickly turned into a 45 minute wait.... The shuttle didn't arrive until 11:30 a.m. My boarding time was 11:30 a.m. and I was meeting friends so I was disappointed I'd miss the boarding photo. It was about a 35 minute drive from the FLL airport to the cruise port. The buses drop off on a little side area and there are luggage handlers right there for you to give your luggage to. As long as you don't mind the transportation being SLOW, it was affordable, safe, convenient and easy. And you didn't need a reservation in advance.

For my return trip, I booked a flight that was cutting it close. My flight was leaving FLL at 10:50 a.m. (boarding time 10:20 a.m.) so it was essential that I was one of the first off the boat. I headed downstairs at 7:30 a.m. to get in line and was about the 20th person in line. I was off the boat and threw customers by about 8:11 a.m. I called an Uber when I got outside, it took 3 minutes for him to arrive and a quick easy 34 minutes from the cruise port to FLL. There is an express lane going that way. The total cost of the fare was $33.37. I was threw security and at a table for breakfast by 9 a.m. This is an even better deal if you have more than 1 person with you because it's so affordable.

Uber is now allowed in the port - I saw previously they were not. I did ask the driver and he said they are all cleared.

Overall I recommend taking Uber instead of Carnival provided transportation, renting a car or a cab. It's quick, easy, affordable, there is always one available and it's safe.

Let me know if you have questions.

Take QLS and it's 15.00 . Carnival transportation is the worst option.

Does anyone know the cost of an UberX between the port of Miami and Miami International Airport? I have tried several times to do a dummy booking but it will only give me the cost for larger vehicles.... not the X, and I will not need the larger car. Sorry.... i realize I should start a new thread over on the Florida page but thought maybe I'd get a quicker answer here....

Edited by erinmarie424

Does anyone know the cost of an UberX between the port of Miami and Miami International Airport? I have tried several times to do a dummy booking but it will only give me the cost for larger vehicles.... not the X, and I will not need the larger car. Sorry.... i realize I should start a new thread over on the Florida page but thought maybe I'd get a quicker answer here....

The fare estimator online is showing $13-17 for UberX, $25-33 for UberXL and $30-39 for LUX.

• 2 months later...

So, I have read that your first ride with Uber is free...is that right?

I am traveling with my 25 year old granddaughter. She has the Uber app loaded. And uses it often here at home. I don't have the app on my phone. Yet. If I download this app, even though I actually live in another state other than florida, is my first ride free? that would be perfect.

Also, after reading the ops post, sounds like this is how we will go.

So there are of us, two regular size suitcases and one or two carryons.

What size vehicle will we need? thanks for any info :)

I know I'm late to this party, but I can fly cheaper to FLL than MIA so I'm looking for advice on times and ways to get from the airport in Lauderdale to the port in Miami.

Thanks in advance!

We are also flying in to FLL late in the evening before our cruise (staying at a hotel in FLL) out of Miami. It looks like QLS or expressshuttlemiami are our best options...just google them for more info.

Hope this info helps! Happy cruising!