Looking for embarkation procedures at Cape Liberty when being dropped off by driver

We'll be taking a limo or shuttle to the pier, they're both just about the same price. But what is the procedure when being dropped off. Do we get dropped off right at the ship or do we drop our luggage off first then have the driver circle around to drop us off at a different location? We didn't want to get stuck walking any distances over any rough terrains with luggage and from what I've read and gathered, you drop your luggage off at one spot then you board a bus/shuttle at another spot only to be driven a short distance to the ship. Is that correct? Is it possible just to have our driver take us directly to the ship and we do everything there, and everything meaning sign in and get seapass cards, drop off luggage and board ship? I'm not totally understanding the embarkation process. Is the luggage dropped off first at a different location from where you sign in and get room keys/seapass cards. Or is there just one drop off location for everything. We are not able to do much walking carrying luggage and didn't want our driver to let us off at an incorrect location. Can anyone clarify the embarkation procedure if you're going to have a driver drop you off. Thanks

We took a limo on out of cape liberty last month. It was very easy. The driver will pull up to the curb where you give your bags to porters. Then head inside the building to go through security, and checkin. Then you head to the next room and wait to be called to board the shuttle to the ship. For our cruise they started boarding at 12 noon. Upon arrival our limo was waiting for us at the same curb nine days later.

So am I understanding this correctly, your driver can pick you up the same place he dropped you off. Isn't the drop off location different from the pick up location. Sorry if I'm asking to many specific questions, but I'm just trying to cut back on all confusion. Also, let me get this straight, my driver will will drop me and my luggage off at the same spot. The porter takes my luggae and I walk into the check in process, get a bus number and wait for my number to be called to board the bus to be taken to the ship.

And on the return, I take a bus from the ship back to the location where I first boarded? I want to make sure my driver knows exactly where to pick us up at.

Can anyone tell what time they were off the ship and getting their luggage at Cape Liberty?

The driver picks you up the same place he dropped you off. The only problem is that there really isn't anywhere at the drop-off point for the driver to wait. They are constantly directing traffic to move.

From what we saw, the drivers all wait along the roadway coming into the dockyard.

Will you be able to get a cell phone # for your driver? That might be the best way to give him the approximate 5-10 minutes warning it will take for him to progress through the traffic to get to the drop off/pick up point.

Archived