What to do in a half day in Halong Bay?

Bootsy15

Hello.

We are visiting Halong Bay in February 2017 for 1.5 days on the Celebrity Millennium.

We have already booked a private junk for a full day tour and wondered what options are available for our half day? Is it worth getting off the ship and exploring Halong town?

Any suggestions would be gratefully considered - our ship sails at 1.00pm so we are looking for something to do for about 3 hours max.

Personally, You should book 2 days cruise tour in Halong which you will visit more places than 1 day and overnight in a cruise will a wonderful experience for you.

Another way, 3 hrs in Halong, you can visit some amusement parks such as Royal Amusement Park. You can refer some activities in Halong at: https://www.halong-bay-tours.com/

I agree with the overnight cruise. A fellow CC member organized a group of 8 couples for a 24-hour overnight charter of a 20 passenger junk. Should be the highlight of the cruise.

Larry

Hello.

We are visiting Halong Bay in February 2017 for 1.5 days on the Celebrity Millennium.

We have already booked a private junk for a full day tour and wondered what options are available for our half day? Is it worth getting off the ship and exploring Halong town?

Any suggestions would be gratefully considered - our ship sails at 1.00pm so we are looking for something to do for about 3 hours max.

I had a post here about what you could do in Halong City for a couple of hours (visit coffee/icecream shop and nearby markets)

It has been removed and I have no idea why?

Anyway hope you got to see it before it was "deleted"

I had a post here about what you could do in Halong City for a couple of hours (visit coffee/icecream shop and nearby markets)

It has been removed and I have no idea why?

Anyway hope you got to see it before it was "deleted"

Thank you BPOS, I did see it and I suspect we will do something along those lines.

I also appreciate and thank those who have taken the time to comment too, but as I stated originally we have already arranged a private full day junk cruise and was really only wanting half day suggestion.