First time RCers

My wife and I have never tried Royal Caribbean and are thinking about a 7-day cruise. Our last two cruises were actually all-inclusive ones (everything other than shore excursions was basically included).

I'm a soda drinker. She'll have a glass of wine with dinner and perhaps if gambling, at a bar, etc. We also like trying different restaurants, if offered.

Not including shore excursions, does anyone have a guess as to the range of extra $$ we're likely to spend on-board a RC ship? I'm talking restaurant fees, lunches around the boat, soda/beer out by the pool, shows, classes, internet usage, portraits, etc. I know this can probably vary a bunch, but I'm just trying to get a better idea of what this vacation REALLY will cost, and surfing the RC website is a nightmare.

Thanks!

Bobby

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You will have automatic gratuities added to your onboard account in the amount of $12 per person per day.

Soda is $2.88 per can, wine will run around $10 a glass for house wine. You can get an unlimited soda package for $6.50 per day plus 15%.

Shows are free. Restaurant and internet fees vary by ship.

You can consider getting a beverage package depending on how much you think you may drink. Also, there may be a package for the restaurants - have a certain amount of meals and get a percentage off. No one can say how much you may owe at the end, but you can run the numbers.

It doesn't sound like a beverage package would be a good buy for you... Drinks run in the $6-10 range...think $8 for most wines...

Soda is around $2.85 per can...you'd have to drink the equivalent of 3+ cans per day to make the fountain soda package pay....

Photos are expensive (and not so great, IMO)...all entertainment is included. Gambling is on your dime. There is no NEED to eat at a "specialty" restaurant ever, unless you want!

If you don't drink at all, you can spend very little...it's all up to you! Most 1st timers spend about 1/2 their cruise fair on extras.