Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Critic News & Feature Articles

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Critic News & Feature Articles Up-to-the minute News & Feature Articles from Cruise Critic

Old December 3rd, 2010, 05:10 PM
Sr. Manager, Community
Cruise Critic

Post Off Limits: How Did a Cruise Ship Passenger Release an Anchor?

Cruise Critic has just posted the following news:

Off Limits: How Did a Cruise Ship Passenger Release an Anchor?

Read the entire news article...

Old December 4th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default One bad apple

I hope they toss this idiot in the brig for 20 years and bankrupt as well. Being drunk is not a excuse for what I consider to be a terrorist type act. They need to revoke his licenses. In todays day and age, there is no place for people like him.

The great thing about cruising is most of us have some level of respect and other for the passengers on board. He single handed-ly destroyed that for all of us. No doubt our once happy vacation will be come more riddled with distrust for the well behaved guest thanks to this moron.

Last edited by TheBearKat; December 4th, 2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: typos

Old December 5th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

Seriously? As if there isn't enough going on in the travel industry? As everyone keeps saying in the boards, something needs to be done about the drunkards on ships. Cruise employees DO NOT have time to be babysitters, they are strained enough as it is! It's pathetic you can't be adult enough to watch your consumption of alcohol...you were adult enough to pull the money out of your pocket to pay for the cruise and now you are going to be irresponsible and ruin everyone else's good time AND hard earned money for your stupidity? Hopefully I will be lucky enough to not have anything this ignorant happen when it's time for my cruise, geesh.

Old December 10th, 2010, 01:25 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBearKat View Post
I hope they toss this idiot in the brig for 20 years and bankrupt as well. Being drunk is not a excuse for what I consider to be a terrorist type act. They need to revoke his licenses. In todays day and age, there is no place for people like him.

The great thing about cruising is most of us have some level of respect and other for the passengers on board. He single handed-ly destroyed that for all of us. No doubt our once happy vacation will be come more riddled with distrust for the well behaved guest thanks to this moron.
Good point.

Adventure Of The Sea-1-28-2007-SJU-Caribbean 7 Days
Constellation-1-28-2008-FLL-Caribbean 11 Days
Journey-1/31-2009-MIA-Caribbean 12 Days

"I'd Rather Be On A Ship With A Drink On The Rocks, Than In The Drink With A Ship On The Rocks."

What lies behind us and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old August 21st, 2011, 08:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default cruise

I hope he goes to jail and is banned for life from cruising on any cruise ship again. they are a lot of elderly on board but this jerk I am sure had booze in his cabin.

Mary
Carnival: TSS Carnivale Boston- Bermuda 5/3-10 1977
Royal Caribbean: A Song Of America 11/10/90-11/18/90 Miami-Cozumel Mexico, Georgetown, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Jamaica,Labadee
World Explorer: Universe June 90"? Alaska not sure of order. Vancouver, Inside Passage, Ketchikan, Sitka, Glacier Bay, Yakutat bay/Hubbard Glacier not sure if we went all the way in. Valdez, Seward,
Gulf of Alaska, Skagway, Juneau, Wrangell, cruising B. C. coastal waters, Vicoria, Vancouver
Carnival Ecstasy Miami-Nasaua 11/13-16 1998*
Royal Caribbean:Viking Serenade 11/5-8 1999 LA- Ensenada Mexico
Holland America: Amsterdam 6/10-6/24 2011 Seattle-Alaska, Inside Passage, Ketchikan,Tracy Arm, Juneau, Icy Strait Point, Anchorage, Homer, Kodiak, Hubbard Glacier, Sitka, Victoria, Seattle
Holland American Amsterdam 6/29-7/13/2012 Seattle-Alaska Ketchikan. Tracy Arm, Juneau, Icy Strait,Anchorage, Homer, Kodiak, Hubbard Glacier,Sitka Victoria, Seattle
Holland America Zuiderdam 10 day Panama Canal Sunfarer November 8. 2013-November 18, 2013 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Half Moon Cay, Bahamas, Willemstad (Curacao) Antilles, Oranjestad, Aruba, enter Panama Canal Cristobal, cruising Panama Canal and Gatum Lake. Exit Panama Canal, Cristobal, Colon, Panama. Puerto Limon, Costa Rica, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Holland America Amsterdam June 22, 2014- July 6, 2014 Alaska : Seattle, Ketchikan, Tracy Arm, Juneau, Icy Strait Point, Anchorage, Homer, Kodiak, Hubbard Glacier, Sikita, Victoria, Seattle