If you make me weigh too!..

(picture above) LOL!

Haven't weighed in for SEVEN weeks!

My scale will moan and creak after all

those weeks of food and meat, not even

mentioning the drinks!

I wish everyone a good weigh-in.

Enjoy your day!

Belle, you are soooo funny! Just do it! Look at it this way...if you gained a lot...and you will be GOOD this week...you will see a good weigh in next Thurs and that will make you feel better!

I am a very happy camper. I am down 1 and 1/2 pounds from last Thurs. Yesterday, at around 4pm, I came home ravished and had a BIG TREAT! OMG! And we were meeting friends for dinner. Happily, my DH was willing to walk to and from the restaurant...that helped. Another big help...our friends always share, so we shared too. The last time we ate there, I gained. From now on...we share!

During the month of June, my weight was decent, but somehow it crept up in July and I had a difficult time. So I am happy that it is better this month.

Have a great day, all!

Not only did I lose the lb I gained while away, but I lost another 1/2 as well. I've been eating pretty healthy lately (well balanced meals) and drinking TONS of water! I hope everyone else had a good week, too!

Luny....that's fantastic! How are you? Did you have a good summer?

Thanks for asking, Baby...

My summer was *ok*, but tough... My mom (who was living with us) had to finally move in to a nursing home as I was unable to care for her any longer, and I sent (actually *took*), my second DS to school in FL. I now have 2 kids in college!!!! We had to go through a lot of stuff to be able to send him to the school of his choice (he's at Ringling College of Art and Design, in Sarasota), but we did it... Ok... we hocked our lives for it, but I think in the long run, it'll be worth it. Sooooo... Although not empty nesting yet (2 boys away and another DS and DD at home), it's really quiet here. Almost eerie. The hardest thing for me is going from cooking for 7 to cooking for 2 or 3! my DD (17 today!) works almost every night and my youngest DS (14), doesn't eat a lot of what I cook (very picky)... I go to the nursing home about 3 times a week to visit with my mom and pick up and drop off her laundry. I also now need to get a job :( DH changed jobs recently and we lost our health insurance that was paid for by his old employer.) I just gave them (his new employer) the ok yesterday for a new policy, but it will really cut in to our finances... soooooo... Now that I am home from FL and both boys are settled in at school, I need to supplement our income and get working! I don't want to sell cruises anymore as there is way too much competition, not a lot of income, and too many new regulations.... I also have a lot of de-cluttering to do in my house...

Ahhhh.. Now aren't ya glad you asked??? LOL!

How are YOU doing, and how was YOUR summer???

I gained the 1.5 pounds that I lost last week. Boo-hoo, but I had a hard time with my WOE all last week through the weekend, so I am not surprised. The weekends are just so hard. Sometimes I think I should just weigh-in on Mondays to give me the incentive not to eat too much on the weekends. On the weekends, I am CONSTANTLY thinking about food. It is just so hard. When I weigh-in before the weekend, psychologically I allow myself to go off my WOE because I've been "good". I need a new way of thinking. But I've been back on track all week so here's hoping next week is a better week. Janet

OKay... as some of you know, this is my 1st weigh in. I've been following my WOE for 4 weeks now and didn't want to weigh too soon and get discouraged as I had 80 pounds to lose. Well... I could feel my heat beating harder as I stepped on the scale this morning. I didnt' want to look down! I'm HAPPY to report that I am down 15 pounds!!!!!!! I am thrilled!

Thank you everyone for your encouragement. Now only 65 more to go!

Hugs to all,

Jean

Pam..what can I say? You are typical of the "sandwich generation". I am older. Both sons are working, although one is still living at home (also a picky eater!). During the summer I cooked less. We bar-b-qued more and we ate out a little more...so that helped. The weather here was not too wonderful, but that didn't bother me because we don't go the country or belong to a club. It was good enough for tennis and for walking.

Hope you find a job that you like and things calm down a bit. With only 2 at home, it will. Good luck to your DH!

I've been following my WOE for 4 weeks now and didn't want to weigh too soon and get discouraged as I had 80 pounds to lose. Well... I could feel my heat beating harder as I stepped on the scale this morning. I didnt' want to look down! I'm HAPPY to report that I am down 15 pounds!!!!!!!

Way to go Jean!!!! I've been offline this past 2 months. What is your WOE?

This is my first weigh in since going to hospital. I had one in office procedure. It sent me into a funk and lead to an in-hospital procedure. I've gone from depression and losing weight to eating everything and not caring.

Last week I was up ten pounds, back to my April/May weight. I weighed in this morning and can reprot the ten back off. I'm 2 pounds from my lowest weight.

I'm leaving 9/5/04 for a 15 day cruise thru the canal. I had hoped to be down ten more (for the cruise gain.) But, at least I will be able to make the cruise. It was almost a no go.

It feels good to be back here. I feel better just being back to reading the boards again.

Good morning! I'm sad to report a 1.5 lb gain...I keep losing and gaining the same weight. I told DH last night that I'm back to my program (SBD) full-time and he better NOT tempt me. Of course, that will have to start on Monday. We have TWO parties this weekend. Thank goodness these are the LAST of our summer parties. I don't think my diet can handle them any more & lose weight.

Melody, I hope you are feeling better. I didn't realize that you had been sick and were in the hospital. You have my best wishes.

Jean, I am sooo excited for you! Keep up the good work!

Pam, good luck getting a new job. I was just telling DH last night that I think all of these new cruise selling rules were going to hurt a lot of small travel agents. I wish you well.

Belle, did you step on the scale?

Congrats to the losers and better luck next week to the gainers...me included. :D

:mad: I'm up 1 lb. :mad:

Nobody's fault but my own! Next week I will do better, I promise I will!! :o

CONGRATULATIONS to all those that had a loss!! :D

We who gained or stayed the same will do better next week!! :D

Have a good week everyone.

Ginny

Some great losses this week! Congratulations to all of you! :) I'm sticking to The Zone, drinking tons of water, and walking, dancing around the house, and deep cleaning the entire place over and over and over for lots of activity. :cool: I'm down another 2 pounds this week for a total of 17 pounds lost since July 19. 16 pounds to go to get to my next mini goal. :D

OKay... as some of you know, this is my 1st weigh in. I've been following my WOE for 4 weeks now and didn't want to weigh too soon and get discouraged as I had 80 pounds to lose. Well... I could feel my heat beating harder as I stepped on the scale this morning. I didnt' want to look down! I'm HAPPY to report that I am down 15 pounds!!!!!!! I am thrilled!

Thank you everyone for your encouragement. Now only 65 more to go!

Hugs to all,

Jean

Like I said, you remind me of me...lol....I just ended week 4 of my new WOE and as of today I am down 15.8 lbs! This weeks loss for me was 3.4... About 17 yrs ago I lost 50 lbs on W.W. Making my own WOE now is actually working faster for me than the WW plan I did back then. :) I'm excited :D I'm not giving up even if this obssession drives me crazy lol....

Way to go, Losers!

Debbie

Lost 3 this week and I don't know how. I really don't. I have been trying to figure it out so I can keep it up. Total loss so far is 20 pounds since 6/5. Gone from 204 to 184. The numbers are definitely decreases, boths pounds and body fat. The only thing that I can think of that I am doing different is walking and jogging ( very LITTLE jogging) with my boxer Caligirl and my son. My son is on the football team so I have finally found the nerve to try jogging a little but he walks with me and the dog, so maybe that is it. Trust me, when I say very little jogging, I mean very little jogging.

Great job everyone for the losses, samers, and even the ones who are still trying. I think eveyone needs a pat on the back just for continued encouragement.

Have a wonderful week everyone and drink lots of water.

I have been MIA for most of the summer. For many reasons, mostly my own doing, I am up 6 pounds and most unhappy about it. When does the new pledge begin? Do we have a name yet? I will try to get back on track this week and report a little progress next time. Kind of depressed over my lack of control, but we did have a marvelous summer. Thanks for letting me return. Suzy

Looks like a mixed bag this week of loosers and gainers. Well, I really wanted to loose one full pound but it was only 1/2 pound. I will talke that any day to a gain.

Congrats to Jean what a way to start your diet. Keep up the good work.

cruzrgrl, you are doing so well, keep up what you are doing.

Myself I am now down 45 pounds since January. Just 12.5 more pounds to get to my unoffical goal. Who knows once I hit that I may go for a little bit more.:D

Way to go Jean!!!! I've been offline this past 2 months. What is your WOE?

I'm not following any plan such as Atkins or Southbeach etc... I guess after dieting SO much over the years, I just know what works for me and what I can stick with. I am staying away from sweets and sugar completly. No snack foods either. ( I had a couple pretzels and a few corn chips during the 4 weeks though) I'm also really decreasing my bad carb intake. Only eating one slice of bread for a sandwich and NOT white bread. Lots of vegies, fruits and lean meats. And portion control... That was hard the 1st couple weeks. I really did go thorough withdrawl. I do have my morning cup and a half of coffee with flavored creamer, usually fat free. And I have maybe one diet soda during the day.

Now I have to start exercising and I'll feel even better!

Debbie~ You must have a digital scale? I just have a Health-o-Meter dial scale so I'm not getting the fractions. We ARE alot alike! I did WW in the past too and did well on it, but now like you, I am following my own WOE since I know all the "secrets" of so many diets! I guess I'm a bit obssessed too! This is the 1st time in quite a while that I've stuck with it for this long... I have the upcoming cruise to thank!

Jean

I didn't want to weigh-in!

It's been seven weeks since I posted here......

OK I will/I did...6 pounds up!

My fault..Trying to get back on the ....

straight and narrow!

I know....Ear Right...Drink That Water...Exercise!

Know the DRILL just have to do it!

Congrats ..Sounds like most of you had great loss's.

Other's of us will get back on track too!

Welcome back to the people whould have been gone

and came back like me and to the new people who have joined us.

Everyone have a great week..try for a no-gainer weekend.

Jean, congratulations on the 15 lb. weight loss. It must feel wonderful. Wow, what willpower to wait an entire month. Keep it up. Same to you Debbie for losing 15.8. I know that feels good.

Melody, congratulations to you, too. I’m sure it feels good to get back online and contribute and receive motivation from the boards. Enjoy your cruise, and at least you aren’t starting the cruise up 10 lbs.

Shelia, I’m in the same boat. I feel like I keep losing the same weight over and over again. But then my girlfriend put it into perspective for me. I’ve lost 28 pounds since March. That’s 5 months, so no bad.

Congratulations to Beth for her weight loss.

Janette, great start on your weight loss.

Cruzrgirl, whatever you are doing is definitely working. Keep it up.

Suzy, nothing beats a start. The best thing is starting over before too much of a weight gain. Those 6 pounds will come off quickly and then some. Welcome back.

Lisa, 45 pounds is wonderful. Congratulations.

Thanks to everyone for the motivation.

Hi everyone - CONGRATS To ALL of you!!! Losers, Samers, & gainers - we all have one thing in common - weight to lose.

I am new to these boards and have been chatting with a few of you on the cruise countdown thread - I usually weigh in on Mondays (because I started on a Mon) but I did an extra weigh in this morning so I can join you next week with my results good or bad.

Jean - GREAT JOB - I know I couldn't have waited a month to weigh in! that's awesome.

Kathy

Archived