Questions on First time booking Grand suite on Mariner of the Seas

Hi I am planning to book my first suite - a Grand Suite on Mariner of the Seas for a 5 night Asian cruise in February 2017. Having never travelled in a suite before I have some questions please. Thanks to Bertrande who has helped me with some answers on another thread here.

1.I am thinking of booking 1568 on port side, as it shows 3rd and 4th pullman beds available , so I thought this could suit as the 2 of us are travelling with our 21 yo daughter. Any comments on layout of this cabin? Would we still have a sitting area , as well as the pullman? Does the pullman get pulled out at night only? And would the pullman be from the ceiling or at bed level? would we still be able to separate the 2 sleeping areas with the curtain I have read grand suites have? Or would we do better to just go with a GS with sofa bed? Also any thoughts on port or starboard better, and any comments on quieter suites with regards to pool deck above.

2. Please clarify on suite perks for the GS. I understand we can use the Concierge lounge. What hours are free drinks available, what kind of drinks are served, and can we take the drinks back to our suite to drink on the balcony, or to a show? Also for breakfast I have read about eating in Chops, which I dont quite understand. Do they serve breakfast there, or do you get your breakfast from the buffet and have the option to eat in Chops?

3. Please comment on any other suite perks.

Thanks so much in advance for your replies:)

Hi I am planning to book my first suite - a Grand Suite on Mariner of the Seas for a 5 night Asian cruise in February 2017. Having never travelled in a suite before I have some questions please. Thanks to Bertrande who has helped me with some answers on another thread here.

1.I am thinking of booking 1568 on port side, as it shows 3rd and 4th pullman beds available , so I thought this could suit as the 2 of us are travelling with our 21 yo daughter. Any comments on layout of this cabin? Would we still have a sitting area , as well as the pullman? Does the pullman get pulled out at night only? And would the pullman be from the ceiling or at bed level? would we still be able to separate the 2 sleeping areas with the curtain I have read grand suites have? Or would we do better to just go with a GS with sofa bed? Also any thoughts on port or starboard better, and any comments on quieter suites with regards to pool deck above.

2. Please clarify on suite perks for the GS. I understand we can use the Concierge lounge. What hours are free drinks available, what kind of drinks are served, and can we take the drinks back to our suite to drink on the balcony, or to a show? Also for breakfast I have read about eating in Chops, which I dont quite understand. Do they serve breakfast there, or do you get your breakfast from the buffet and have the option to eat in Chops?

3. Please comment on any other suite perks.

Thanks so much in advance for your replies:)

I can't really comment on the Pullman beds. Either our GS on Mariner didn't have them or I didn't notice them. My understanding is pullman beds come down from the ceiling. We didn't pull the curtain either, can't really comment. The cabin steward will make up the bed during the day anyway so you'll get a sitting area during the day, you may lose it in the evening after he makes up the bed for the night.

The pool wasn't busy on our Mariner cruise. I don't know if the noise would be an issue.

We took drinks out, but I have heard that on some ships they don't allow it. There was a standard bar, mixed drinks, wine, beer, soda. No frozen fancy stuff. The appetizers were good too. The lounge is small and we couldn't always find a seat.

Breakfast in Chops was nice, you ordered off the menu, not buffet. The wait staff got to know us and took good care of us.

Since our cruise was only about 2/3 booked, we didn't really need some of the other perks like priority seating, and the priority check in, but we did use the reserved area on the pool deck and at the ice show. The reserved seats in the theatre were farther back and we were able to get better seats in the regular area since the shows were never full.

We had some things pressed, that was a nice perk. I think it's one item per person for formal night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our first RCI cruise was in suite 1568 on the Mariner of the SEAS!!!!!!

Beautiful suite with queen sleeper sofa across from the master bed which could be separated from the great room by a divider partition if you chose to close it.

It is across the hallway from a service area, but we were never bothered by noise.

It was below a pool seating area and once we heard chairs being moved in the middle of the night.

I guess you could put a pullman bed in the suite but when all are open sleeper sofa and pullman, it would be tight.

Loved the balcony, was right behind the hump and a nice size.

Enjoy the suite, we did.

Edited by Lionesss

Thank you , thank you!! That's the beauty of these boards. I post a question and I get reply from someone who has actually been in that suite! Awesome! Thank you Lioness for your insights into this suite, really appreciated. And gi-pam thank you so much for your comments too. I note in your signature that your Mariner Asian cruise was " the trip of a lifetime". So happy to hear that. Glad you could take drinks out and thanks for the information on other perks. Looking forward to booking the GS on this cruise :)

Thank you , thank you!! That's the beauty of these boards. I post a question and I get reply from someone who has actually been in that suite! Awesome! Thank you Lioness for your insights into this suite, really appreciated. And gi-pam thank you so much for your comments too. I note in your signature that your Mariner Asian cruise was " the trip of a lifetime". So happy to hear that. Glad you could take drinks out and thanks for the information on other perks. Looking forward to booking the GS on this cruise :)

Suite perks:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

• 1 year later...

Just booked the grand suite myself for the quick 2 day.  Miami, Coco Cay, Miami.  Does anyone know if you get the same perks on these short cruises and the longer ones?   I think the free drinks are good so is it worth the drink package if we drink while chilling.  Does the drink package work on coco cay?     What about VIP tender. How does that work?  We can “cut line” like on NCL?

9 minutes ago, Jdcmia68 said:

Just booked the grand suite myself for the quick 2 day.  Miami, Coco Cay, Miami.  Does anyone know if you get the same perks on these short cruises and the longer ones?   I think the free drinks are good so is it worth the drink package if we drink while chilling.  Does the drink package work on coco cay?     What about VIP tender. How does that work?  We can “cut line” like on NCL?

The drink packages work on Coco Cay and Labadee.