Island Wide Family Tours Snorkeling

Cruiseoholic000

I am looking for reviews of Island Wide Family Tours Snorkeling Experience, Kona. I think the Island Wide Family has been in business for awhile but the snorkeling part is semi-new. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Island Wide itself is fairly new, but Kyle is the son of Mary Lou of Mary Lou's tours, who with husband Ken and Kyle have been in business for years with the highly rated Mary Lou's Big Island Tours both in Hilo and Kona. All tours conducted by one of the three in the past, but I believe the fiancé now does the occassional tour. I don't believe they offered this snorkeling tour in the past.

We toured with Kyle in Kona ( have used Mary Lou in Hilo ) for their land tour and enjoyed it very much. We actually booked it by contacting Mary Lou. You won't be disappointed in either tour company.

We had Kyle this past January in both Hilo and Kona. We snorkeled in Kona. To show how happy we were, we have him booked for next January for both places. Four stars out of four.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

Per the website, Private Tours accommodate from 6 to 11 and start at $500. This is the price for the entire tour, not per person. If you divide it out, it is quite reasonable, being only $83 pp for 6 people if I am looking at it correctly. Otherwise, the Public tours accommodate either 6 in an 8 passenger van or 8 in a 12 passenger van for $95 pp. We booked ours in Hilo ( with Mary Lou's ) for 2 people at about $85 or $90 pp if memory serves. We did the public land tour with Kyle in Kona and there were only about 6 of us from the ship in the vehicle. We felt no need for a "Private" tour in either location.

The advantage to booking the Private tour would be that it is fully customizable. And, specific to the snorkeling tour at two-step in Kona, ( where you walk off a rocky ledge into deep water ), with a private tour, those who need some assistance in the water, get it from the tour. If there are only two of you, it would probably be easy to recruit another 4 to 6 people from your roll call who desire a private snorkeling tour.

• 2 weeks later...