Our 1st Cruise: What did YOU forget??

Brown Boogie

First of all I would like to thank everyone for such outstanding incite and knowledge about these cruises. We are heading on our 1st one Feb 23 on the Magic to Roatan>Belize>Cozumel.

What did you forget on your 1st cruise and said "dang...should of brought that"??

Thanks CC Family!!

Joseph

Edited by Brown Boogie

First of all I would like to thank everyone for such outstanding incite and knowledge about these cruises. We are heading on our 1st one Feb 23 on the Magic to Roatan>Belize>Cozumel.

What did you forget on your 1st cruise and said "dang...should of brought that"??

Thanks CC Family!!

Joseph

My husband forgot underwear. LOL. And I forgot jeans for a NYC-Bahamas cruise.

Thanks CC Family!!

Joseph

Didn't forget it on my first cruise, but a few bandaids and some kind of antibiotic cream. Luckily I had a nurse in our group, who was more prepared than I.

Also bring extra memory cards or storage you can download your pics on. You don't want to have to eliminate photos to make room for more. Also when you get your camera ready to go, take a picture of a sheet of paper with your name and phone number or email so if your camera is lost and an honest person finds it, they can find you. just don't put your address on it in case a less honest person finds it, they don't think your house is empty.

Wasn't our first cruise, but I forgot a clock when we book interior cabins. I hate not knowing what time it is. Now I use my phone in airplane mode. Last year I forgot the cord to charge my battery of my camera! Thankfully it worked until the last port day. Thankfully we had met a couple that let us borrow an extra camera. They graciously made copies of the pictures and sent them to us.

Highlighter, helps to remember what you want to do on the daily planner . I still forget one half the time. Sticky notes are great too. So you can let your cabin mates know where you are. We are so dependent on cell phone, but on the ship we leave notes for each other.

I forgot aloe sunburn cream. my husband didn't want my waterproof sunscreen and his washed off he was so burned luckily our new friends had some we could use couldn't find it anywhere and a sleep aid cost 14 for a small bottle of tylenol pm

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Forums mobile app

I read a thread a few days ago where mom made sure everyone in the family was responsible and had their docs but SHE got to the port and didn't have her!

She was trying to catch a last minute flight to the Bahamas to catch up with the ship. That really sounds like something I would do so my docs go in my suitcase as soon as their printed. :eek:

We overpacked. Brought a lot of things we didn't use like extra clothes. Brought some sun screen that we didn't use either.

Wel also forgot Motion Sickness meds. Wife got sea sick and we had to get some in the shop and its expensive

Barely had room for our gifts we bought.

Edited by soopamanluva

Laid out everything the night before. Packed the bags the morning of, left for the airport, got on the plane and as it took off turned to my wife and said, " I didn't pack any swim trunks". Didn't need them in Feb in Kansas. First port was St. Thomas and found a pair for $20 in the duty free area. Now they are the first thing I pack.

At the risk of sounding repetitive....BRING a little bit of anything you have in your medicine cabinet.

Advil/Aspirin

Tums/Pepto

Sunscreen/Aloe

Etc...etc....etc

The reason I am saying this..they charge and ARM AND A LEG for these products in the Fun Shops....AND.....they also quickly run out because people forget to bring them.

Paying $12 for a tiny, tiny bottle of aloe....UGH:eek:

If you pack half the stuff people suggest on CC, you'll need a truck to drive you to the pier.

The key items you must never forget are:

- credit cards / cash

- appropriate id (passport/drivers license/etc)

- prescription medication (although you may be able to replace this too)

Double/triple/quadruple check you have those before you leave your driveway and you'll be fine. Anything else can be bought later, albeit a bit expensive.

One year, we forgot the keys for the mini locks on our luggage. However, even that was mitigated by using a ball point pen. If you're curious, Google it. :-)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app