Best way to get to La Flor Dominicana Cigar Factory

Sanger Cruiser

• 2 weeks later...
We are sailing on the Carnival Breeze and La Flor Dominicana Cigar Factory Tour is the one tour my husband really wants to do. What is the best way to get there from the port?

You could always do the "Altos de Chavon & Cigar Factory" tour through Carnival.

Thank you, I did see that but wasn't sure if that was the best way or not.

I'm not sure about that, so hopefully someone else chimes in to help you out. We did the tour that I mentioned above and if you're interested, you can take a look at some pics/video in the La Romana link (1st Breeze link) in my signature.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Edited by TheShayQueen

Best way is to take a taxi from port. It's a 10 minute drive east of port.

La Flor offer several tours (see their website for details). For the 30 minute $US5 "afficionada tour" you don't normally have to reserve.

http://www.cigarcountrytours.com/en/cigar-factory-tour.html

Taxi from port to La Flor and then back to port should be around $US50, but it depends on the number of people in your group.

Have fun!

• 2 months later...
Best way is to take a taxi from port. It's a 10 minute drive east of port.

La Flor offer several tours (see their website for details). For the 30 minute $US5 "afficionada tour" you don't normally have to reserve.

http://www.cigarcountrytours.com/en/cigar-factory-tour.html

Taxi from port to La Flor and then back to port should be around $US50, but it depends on the number of people in your group.

Have fun!

WOW a 10 minute drive from the port and it is a $US50 that sounds way out of line. Are you sure about that information?

WOW a 10 minute drive from the port and it is a $US50 that sounds way out of line. Are you sure about that information?

Yep, I think that taxi rate is right. I called Casa de Campo which is also 10 min away from port and the concierge said taxi from port to their hotel would be $30 one way! I'm planning on renting a car!!

• 6 months later...

I'm glad I saw this. I always like to research my ports of call before I really decide. Of course Carnival hasn't released any shore excursions for our specific cruise yet, but you can always look them up by port. So I wasn't really too interested in anything else and so I got to thinking this cigar factory would be fun. Then I thought, oh we could take a taxi and do it cheaper ourselves. UM wrong. Glad I saw the taxi rates. Still undecided if I want to spend 4 hours on a tour with Carnival, though...

We did the tour through Carnival and I am glad we did. Our tour guide was very enthusiastic about cigars and made it very interesting. My husband was not happy that he could not purchase a cigar that was made there, they are only exported, but loved the tour. The little town that we visited after the tour was quaint but we did not have enough time to really enjoy it.

The things that we heard about the taxi's that others took that day made us realize that we were even happier that we did a Carnival tour and not a tour on our own (which we usually do). They can be very untrustworthy especially for women.