Same dress twice?

kcteach12

I bring 2 different gowns for formal nights. I bring a different regular dress for each night not formal. Yes by now I have a handful of gowns : )

I don't spend a fortune as I usually buy them on e-bay or after prom season in the department stores.

I usually bring a different formal outfit for each formal night, but I don't see any problem with wearing the same one twice. I doubt if anyone will notice anyway, unless the "one" is spectacular, or really eye catching in some way.

And you really don't need to be that spectacular. I always say that the proverbial "little black dress" works just fine, if you dress it up with some showy bling, sheer hose, and heels. Accessorize it a little differently for the second night.

I think you would be far more appropriately dressed, wearing the same formal outfit for both nights, than those that show up to formal dinner in casual clothes, that's for sure.

I bring two but the reality is this...will you ever see the people again? So what does it matter?

On many cruises I have seen people dress the first formal and go very casual the second formal night. Times have changed and people do not dress like they traditionally did on cruises.

Do what works for you!

Edited by JMG

I have a nice black dress and I change up my jewelry. My husband wears the same suit, has his shirt laundered on board between formal nights, and he brings 2 ties. We're from Chicago and have to fly into whatever port we sail from. Less luggage the better, and I quite frankly don't care what people think. :p That said, I probably bring way too many casual outfits. :D

If I am doing the MDR I will bring 2 different dresses...but they are more nice church type dresses than formal gowns....I have several formal gowns hanging in my closet from past cruises & just don't feel like bothering with them anymore...saves me room in the suitcase for the stuff I want to bring home...:D

I wear black dressy slacks with different tops and jewelry.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That's what I usually do as well. On one cruise, one of our tablemates wore a full blown ballgown on the second formal night (we were not at that table the first one) AND she came from England. Wanted to ask how she packed that thing, but didn't. I was impressed though.

I usually bring two, but on a few cruises I've worn a long dress on the first formal night, and black pants & sparkly top for the second :p I often wear black pants & a sparkly top on casual nights as well. I don't care :D

I usually bring two dresses, but they are not gowns - one's a "little black dress", the other one is also of a "little" variety, but a different color. Rolled up in a suitcase, each one takes up barely more space than a t-shirt, so I don't mind. I do, however, make sure that I can wear the same pair of heels with both of them, so I make sure not to pick a dress color that will clash with the shoes.