NCL free tender schedule for Breakaway

Charles4515

I'm slightly confused. So, will they still be operating the orange ferry for a fee? I would have thought they would have offset the times of the Orange ferry vs. the free ferry so passengers would have additional options.

The ferry for the exclusive use of NCL passengers is FREE. Since the ferry is for NCL passengers only, it is not to give other passengers additional options.

SBtS

The ferry for the exclusive use of NCL passengers is FREE. Since the ferry is for NCL passengers only, it is not to give other passengers additional options.

SBtS

Nor was the NCL ferry service put in place to give NCL passengers an additional option to St. George. They want NCL passengers to use the exclusive NCL ferry. Since the NCL ferry is free and runs often I don't think NCL passengers are going to want to use the Orange ferry.

I wonder how these free/private NCL ferries will work out . . . will the first ones of the morning crowded/hard to get a seat on? Will the Friday ferry allow for enough time to explore St. George before needing to line up for the 1:15 ferry back in order to make"all aboard?" If these ferries do not turn out to be overcrowded, they certainly seem to open up the possibility of spending the last half-day in port in St. George.

Do these NCL ferries also run when the Dawn is in port, or are they only for the BA because it's so much larger? Thanks for any info anyone has.

The ferry for NCL passengers is for the Dawn and Breakaway. There is a copy of schedule for the Dawn is in post #! of this thread - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2499329

The ferry for Dawn does not run on Sunday.

SBtS

The ferry for NCL passengers is for the Dawn and Breakaway. There is a copy of schedule for the Dawn is in post #! of this thread - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2499329

The ferry for Dawn does not run on Sunday.

SBtS

Thank you! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wonder how these free/private NCL ferries will work out . . . will the first ones of the morning crowded/hard to get a seat on? Will the Friday ferry allow for enough time to explore St. George before needing to line up for the 1:15 ferry back in order to make"all aboard?" If these ferries do not turn out to be overcrowded, they certainly seem to open up the possibility of spending the last half-day in port in St. George.

It is a 400 seat ferry. I would guess that will handle the demand fine. That is an additional 400 seats to the Bermuda ferry which seats 400, so that doubles the amount of seats.

Having the one round trip on Friday means that lining up for the return should not be a problem. It should be the same number going back as went to St. George in the morning. So overcrowding should not be an issue coming back.

It remains to be seen what the demand will be for the free NCL service but if it becomes higher than the 400 seat ferry can handle, since NCL controls it they could issue tender tickets.

Edited by Charles4515

It is a 400 seat ferry. I would guess that will handle the demand fine. That is an additional 400 seats to the Bermuda ferry which seats 400, so that doubles the amount of seats.

Having the one round trip on Friday means that lining up for the return should not be a problem. It should be the same number going back as went to St. George in the morning. So overcrowding should not be an issue coming back.

It remains to be seen what the demand will be for the free NCL service but if it becomes higher than the 400 seat ferry can handle, since NCL controls it they could issue tender tickets.

I agree with you, and this will be great for the businesses of St. George. My guess is that it may become a tender ticket ride. Once the word "free" ferry is heard by cruisers, St. George will become a destination for them. :D Some will just be enticed by the "free" boat ride to St. George instead of having to pay to ride to Hamilton, Horseshoe Bay, etc. I'm happy that the Bermuda ferry to St. George will still be available if the NCL ferry is filled.

• 5 weeks later...

I've always remembered St. George to be a sleepy gem of a town; I take it becomes quite busy with this new NCL service?

It almost seems like it's best to visit St. George on one's second day in port when, perhaps, the crowds have subsided?

P.S. A 400-seater... must be Bermudian, no?

I've always remembered St. George to be a sleepy gem of a town; I take it becomes quite busy with this new NCL service?

It almost seems like it's best to visit St. George on one's second day in port when, perhaps, the crowds have subsided?

It's not the Bermudian, it's a ferry chartered by NCL, the Bo Hingy II . For several years Bermuda has been chartering the Rhode Island-based Millennium, also holding about 400, to provide public ferry service between Dockyard and St. George. That's still being used this year.

I wouldn't worry too much about crowds. By the time the second trip of the day arrives some passengers who came on the first run will already be leaving. When ships regularly docked in St. George there were that many or more passengers already there and St. George never was overly crowded.

Your always is not a long time. Not that many years ago there used to be two cruise ships of 1200 or so passengers regularly docking there most of cruise season, there were two berths and the ferry service bringing them n people. It was not crowded then and it won't be crowded any day with these ferries. There is no best day, it should not be very crowded any day. St. George's only became sleepy when the mainstream cruise lines retired their ships that were small enough to go thru the Town Cut.

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know where exactly you get dropped off in St. George? Thanks.

They drop off at the ferry terminal. That has been at Penno's Wharf on Penno Drive. The ferry terminal is supposed to have moved to Hunter's Wharf which is just east of Penno's Wharf on Penno's Drive. Don't know if that has happened. Both locations are a short distance from the town square.

Does anyone know if they run the ferry on holidays? Is it expected to run on Labour Day?

Ferry schedules for the holidays are not released until a few days before the holiday as far as the public ferries. The NCL ferry would be up to NCL. Going by past history the public ferry will run on Labour Day. No past history for the NCL ferry on labour Day, so no guarantee, but it is likely that the NCL ferry will run on Labour Day.

Ferry schedules for the holidays are not released until a few days before the holiday as far as the public ferries. The NCL ferry would be up to NCL. Going by past history the public ferry will run on Labour Day. No past history for the NCL ferry on labour Day, so no guarantee, but it is likely that the NCL ferry will run on Labour Day.

I guess we will find out soon. Fingers crossed!