Any cruise ships make it close to Hubbard Glacier so far?

Casey12

Hubbard was on our itinerary for our NCL Sun cruise last week, but after sailing all the way from Icy Strait Point, we turned around and left without even getting a glimpse of the glacier. Too much ice...too much fog. :(

We got in pretty close to Hubbard Glacier on May 31st. on Celebrity Infinity..Very clear day and warm. Some people even up on deck in shorts.

Not alot of calving but we still got alot of nice photo's

Jimbo :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

We got in pretty close to Hubbard Glacier on May 31st. on Celebrity Infinity..Very clear day and warm. Some people even up on deck in shorts.

Not alot of calving but we still got alot of nice photo's

Jimbo :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Thank you Jimbo! How was everything else about your Infinity cruise? We will be on her next week and I'm dying to hear feedback of the first Alaskan trip of the year for her.

I went on the Star Princess and arrived at Hubbard Glacier on May 28th (I believe) and I wasn't impressed at all. Was anyone on the Star that week and does anyone know how far we got from hubbard? I just wasn't impressed, but maybe we just didnt get close enough - any thoughts?

I went on the Star Princess and arrived at Hubbard Glacier on May 28th (I believe) and I wasn't impressed at all. Was anyone on the Star that week and does anyone know how far we got from hubbard? I just wasn't impressed, but maybe we just didnt get close enough - any thoughts?

If you were not impressed, you probably didn't get close. It actually is impressive. How was Glacier Bay?

If you were not impressed, you probably didn't get close. It actually is impressive. How was Glacier Bay?

Glacier Bay was beautiful, I think we missed John Hopkins though, isn't it large? I was thinking we didn't get close b/c all the pictures from other people here on cc that got close was impressive. BUT, I did go on the 26 glacier tour and got really really close, so maybe I'm just comparing, but I bet we didn't get close, I'm hoping someone will tell me who was on the Star