Transportation

Kimi G

What is the best way to get transportation from Crown Plaza in Rome to the ship?

You need to expand your question with more data. Number of people, relative mobility, amount of luggage, whether price, convenience or time is of the essence. Best will vary depending on those and other factors as well as the personal experience of those who will answer.

Edited by wheezedr
Spelling

What is the best way to get transportation from Crown Plaza in Rome to the ship?

If you prefer door-to-door transfer service from your hotel to Civitaviccheia, you may consider these options:

http://www.xlstravelservice.com/en/transfer/from-rome-to-civitavecchia-port-3-5-seats

http://www.romecabs.com

http://Www.romeinlimo.com

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by easyboy

We did this a few years ago. Used Bob'S Limo Rome shared shuttle. The driver picked us up from the Bar inside Crown Plaza next to the entrance, dropped us off at the ships luggage drop off point. Today the cost is under $80.00 for two. Great driver, new van , good trip. Check with CP about shuttle service from the airport. They run 5 or 6 free shuttles per day, at least they used to, they also run a drop off and pickup shuttle into the main part of town each day as well as a shuttle to Saint Peters. happy cruising

We've used Bob's Limo several times with very good results. Never from Rome itself to the port, but from the airport and back at the end of the cruise; probably very similar from Rome. For our private transfer several years ago it was about $80 for both of us, senior rate. For a shared ride it was about $30..

We've also taken the train from the port to Rome; opposite should be about the same. There was quite a bit of walking and some stairs, but in our late sixties with all our luggage we managed fine--very cheap!

H

Have your hotel concierge arrange a private transfer. You at be very surprise at the affordability when compared to the services you'll find mentioned here or in Trip Advisor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No you didn't

That's the price from fco to Rome

Rome to port is much more

I don't think you would know what we paid.

In any case, it was a few years ago but if you research, there are companies that will take you for almost as much as sharing a shuttle.

No you didn't

That's the price from fco to Rome

Rome to port is much more

Yes he probably did.

As I said in my earlier post, contact your hotel concierge or B&B manager. Often, they can and will get you a driver for far less than what is advertised by popular web-based transfer services.

I don't think you would know what we paid.

In any case, it was a few years ago but if you research, there are companies that will take you for almost as much as sharing a shuttle.

Just did some research and yup

Private transfer from Rome center to port is in the 150 to 170e range

For 2 pax in a private car

Not a van that can fit more but

A private car for 2 pax

Fwiw I would love the name of your company because I'll use them

You may have forgotten though as you say it was a few years ago but I'm sure the others on this thread can provide some names of companies that will transport 2 people in a private transfer from Rome center to the port

I'm only saying this because the above posters suggested I do research but unfortunately I can't find the companies that they and you say exist but I'd like to book one of these companies nonetheless

Thanks in advance!!!

Just to add. I will admit that it may well have been just the 2 of you but perhaps it was a shuttle service and they didn't have others booked so you got what appeared to be a private transfer?

I can't find these cheap private transfers so I'm counting on the savvy seasoned travelers here to post the names of these companies

Tia again.