Neets Bay Bear Watch & Flight

KristyMisty14

Are you looking for specific info?

This tour was previously provided by Promech Air, so you will find reviews in tripadvisor if you search for Promech in 'Things to Do'..

(Promech had that crash in 2015 and is no longer in business.....bought out recently by Taquan Air)

Are you looking for specific info?

This tour was previously provided by Promech Air, so you will find reviews in tripadvisor if you search for Promech in 'Things to Do'..

(Promech had that crash in 2015 and is no longer in business.....bought out recently by Taquan Air)

I just wanted to hear from people who have been done the excursion and their thoughts on it and if it's a worth taking.

When?

I think for bear excursions, the time frame is the most important consideration.

Late July - to Early September is quoted time frame for bear activity in that area

http://www.experienceketchikan.com/bear-viewing-in-alaska.html

So I wouldn't go there in June...

(Full disclosure, my goal on this cruise is to see bears, so I booked a Late July cruise, so that I would be there when the probability is highest for seeing bears. I booked independently.)

I have gone to Neets Bay a few times and bears were seen on my trips, in the range of third week of July to end of August.

There is a walk to a viewing platform and your time is fixed and limited. This location does have good viewing stats. Having gone to all 3 of the popular areas out of Ketchikan, Anan, Traitor's and Neets. This is my overall 3rd choice. I pick this particular tour on a last minute walk up at this point in my preferences.

When would you be going there?

I have gone to Neets Bay a few times and bears were seen on my trips, in the range of third week of July to end of August.

There is a walk to a viewing platform and your time is fixed and limited. This location does have good viewing stats. Having gone to all 3 of the popular areas out of Ketchikan, Anan, Traitor's and Neets. This is my overall 3rd choice. I pick this particular tour on a last minute walk up at this point in my preferences.

When would you be going there?

Thanks for your reply - awesome info. Have you been to Traitors Cove or Polk Inlet. There is an option to book those as Bear viewing options?

Thanks for your reply - awesome info. Have you been to Traitors Cove or Polk Inlet. There is an option to book those as Bear viewing options?

Yes I have been to Traitor's several times, as mentioned above- it depends on when you are there. I charter with my trips to Traitor's since I like extended time for viewing.