Zeebrugge to Bruges. Some options how to get there.

As a word of warning, I would be very careful before booking a particular taxi/ minibus as I was led down the garden path by one company recently. Firstly he advised he was free on a certain date and then when I went to book him he mucked me around something rotten. Got me to call to book,then told me to email, then told me to phone & generally took the mickey out of me when all I wanted was to book a taxi! If he is this unhelpful when it comes to booking a taxi which is two months away, i can only imagine how unhelpful he would be when it comes to picking you up when he says he will ( if indeed he picks you up at all - maybe he has fun with this aspect of his business as well! ). I won't specifically mention his company name but it rhymes with bony taxi service!

I love cruisin!

Hi I've booked 2 taxi's with Rony's taxis. I was just wondering if there were long queues to disembark the ship and to board the free shuttle to the gate. our taxi's are booked for 0730. Were there plenty shuttle buses to cope with the rush? Unfortunately we arrive on a Sunday and I've heard that the Cafe's & shops don't open till much later so we will just have to walk around & explore till then. We are also planning on doing the Canal boat ride which doesn't start till 10am.

I would be grateful for your input - Thanks

Lydia

Thanks

Port shuttle was free and easy. Going to Brugge - it is necessary to relax, you will be o.k.

We shared with a few others a waiting taxi Mercedes mini van. Costs were minimal and professional. My experiences, I would not reserve a taxi here.

Be sure to pre-arrange a pick up time and place - getting a taxi back to the ship will be more difficult. Sundays are nice - lots to see.

We walked Brugge leisurely with a beautiful ease. Canal boat(s) line moves very efficiently. We had no line but I believe you can pre-pay a boarding time. Plan to have lunch in the outdoors. An umbrella is a good accessory for rain and/or bright hot sun.

You will absolutely love Brugge. The city is very tourist friendly. You will not miss anything -

You do not have to be the first one to Brugge from your ship to have a great time.

Harwich express train is best to London - easier, you will be glad you did.

• 2 months later...

Just got back after doing another trip to Brugge and used martins taxis who were perfect! They were on time, and their minibus was new and clean, easy to get into Brugge and was picked up where we were dropped off. Had 5 hrs in Brugge which was long enough to see what we wanted and gave us time to enjoy the ship when we got back.

I love cruisin!