Capt. Larry - Whale Watching

Shirley Hensley

Went with him last summer about two weeks before he got his new boat. We had a great time and saw several humpbacks including a mother and her calf. Also saw a breech. I realize sometimes all you may see are tails but we were very fortunate. We had also gone with a cruise tour (Allen Marine, I think) in 2001 and had a good time then too, but with Captain Larry there weren't near as many people on the boat. I think you'll enjoy the trip.

I am a long time Orca Enterprises customer, consistantly excellent tours and my clear preference for my top recommendation. :) Went with them 4 times last year, will be going again this year. :)

If our ship is scheduled to be in Juneau from 12:30 to 8:00, we are too late for the noon tour but does the 3:30-7 tour put us at any risk for missing our departure?

No, Orca Enterprises will shuttle you directly to your ship. But you need to contact them directly, sometimes their schedules change.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this tour.

Good or Bad.

I have read that his a good tour - Is this correct?

Not a good tour - but a GREAT tour. :)

He has two boats, and while I don't know what the max number is for each, I know that they are very proud of the fact that they will not pack you in like sardines - so book as early as possible - (being aware of thier cancellation policy.)

"Cancellation policy is $25 charge per person per trip up to 72 hours prior to trip departure. No refund for cancellations within 72 hours unless vendor cancels the trip."

Straight from the conformation letter I just received.

-Suntan

Not a good tour - but a GREAT tour. :)

He has two boats' date=' and while I don't know what the max number is for each, I know that they are very proud of the fact that they will not pack you in like sardines - so book as early as possible - (being aware of thier cancellation policy.)[/quote']

Our new boat, the "ORCA ODYSEA" was built to seat 49 passengers but I like to keep the numbers around 40. This seems to be a comfortable number for everyone. (US Coast Guard stability test passed for 78 passengers) She is 51' X 16' with upper level observation area, open rear deck, and lots of windows for inside viewing. Fully ADA compliant and handicap accessible.

The "AWESOME ORCA" is 42' X 12' certified for 30 but I like it around 20 passengers. She also has upper level observation with open rear deck and great inside visibility.

There are a couple pics onb our website.

http://www.alaskawhalewatching.com

Archived