Silversea Dining Menus - Silver Whisper (May 2011)

uttleyj

I've read some posts on CC from people looking for samples of lunch and dinner menus for Silversea.

Having just returned from a 10 Day cruise aboard Silver Whisper, I thought these might be of assistance.

Both the food quality and level of service we experienced were beyond compare. These menus are for the Main Dining Room which is called The Restaurant.

Silversea Lunch Menus.pdf

Silversea Dinner Menus.pdf

THANKS for posting! Brings back wonderful memories from our last July sailing with Silversea and enjoying the great food and service. Below is one of my visual "samples", with no calories in the picture, to enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our last July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now at 41,875 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

For our final dining main course, after the strawberry sorbet serving, I had in the main dining room, this Angus beef that was called “Entrecote Rossini”. It was served with fois gras, a crispy potato galette and truffled jus. There were also main course options of sautéed sea scallop and shrimps, slow-cooked pigeon “Souvaroff” or summer lasagna without meat in it. There would be a Relais & Chateaux chef-suggested way to pick a selection for these three courses based on their “collection” of menu items for Silversea. Wellness and vegetarian options were noted on the menu. You could do menu special orders with a day’s advance notice to the kitchen. We did this as a group with a special Thai dinner that evening. If you had special diet needs, the kitchen should be advised in advance and they adjust well.:

CloudDinnerMainCourse.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi uttleyj,

The menus sound yummy! Actually my wife and I are taking the same cruise next summer (July 2012) with our friends. We are going from Stockholm to Southampton so are wondering if you would post a review of the cruise. We are so excited about it! We were on two cruises with Regent (Radisson) and decided to go with Silversea this time. Thanks

Hi uttleyj,

The menus sound yummy! Actually my wife and I are taking the same cruise next summer (July 2012) with our friends. We are going from Stockholm to Southampton so are wondering if you would post a review of the cruise. We are so excited about it! We were on two cruises with Regent (Radisson) and decided to go with Silversea this time. Thanks

We were also on the Whisper last month and had a wonderful cruise. I'm working on the review. While we haven't totally switched from Regent, we look forward to our next Silversea cruise.

I've read some posts on CC from people looking for samples of lunch and dinner menus for Silversea.

Having just returned from a 10 Day cruise aboard Silver Whisper, I thought these might be of assistance.

Both the food quality and level of service we experienced were beyond compare. These menus are for the Main Dining Room which is called The Restaurant.

checked out some of those complimentary wines; abut $ 7.00 retail which cost them abut $3.00. welcome to reality 2011!

We were also on the Whisper last month and had a wonderful cruise. I'm working on the review. While we haven't totally switched from Regent, we look forward to our next Silversea cruise.

Looking forward to reading your reviews!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi uttleyj,

My wife and I recently returned from the Southampton to Stockholm cruise, and I am still working on the review -- watch this space. It will be very positive.

Although our menus were different from those above, the wine selection offered was the same. They are fairly low end wines, and I asked for and was served better complementary wines including a nice Willamette Valley Pinot Noir, and Conundrum which is a nice California white blend. Silversea is trying to cut back on the wines, as last year Conundrum was poured as the main white wine offered in the Restaurant one evening.

• 1 month later...

Thanks, uttleyj, for the menus. I would also like to read your review.

Safeman, my wife and I just booked the July 16th, 2012 Stockholm to Southampton cruise on the Whisper. Perhaps there's a roll call started somewhere, though it's probably too early!

Thanks for this comment. How does one ask for different wines? Simply by saying, "What else are you pouring this evening?"

Although our menus were different from those above, the wine selection offered was the same. They are fairly low end wines, and I asked for and was served better complementary wines including a nice Willamette Valley Pinot Noir, and Conundrum which is a nice California white blend. Silversea is trying to cut back on the wines, as last year Conundrum was poured as the main white wine offered in the Restaurant one evening.

One more question, from a Silversea "Newby." I don't see lobster anywhere on the dinner menu. Does one need to eat in another restaurant to find lobster offered?

Edited by NC&KY
misspelled Silversea

• 2 years later...

Sure appreciate your posting these menus. They are the only ones we could find from Silverseas. I suppose they have changed since 2011. Anyone have any newer printouts?

• 2 months later...
One more question, from a Silversea "Newby." I don't see lobster anywhere on the dinner menu. Does one need to eat in another restaurant to find lobster offered?

Why should lobster be such a defining element? If the ship doesn't serve it, buy one at your local grocery store when you get home and enjoy the Hell out of it! :)

NC&KY, the wines poured as complimentary are fairly low end but do taste them as they might be to your taste and compliment the food. However, if not, ask to speak to the sommelier who is always in attendance at all meals. He (or she) will make suggestions and let you taste something. You can explain the sort of wine you prefer. We find it very useful to make a good friend of the sommelier. They are well trained and love to talk to someone who has an interest in wine. They will always bring you something you are happy with. This is a great plus for us with SS. We hardly ever need to go to the non complimentary list.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 8 months later...