Just Off The Adventure of the Seas!!!

Now was the food something you would get a a 5 star restaurant at home, no probably not, but it also wasn't bad like going to your local McDonalds. I try to keep in mind that they are cooking for 3000 people.

I hope this helps.

Well said.

We are on this same itinerary in a few weeks (8/8 sailing) and it was so nice to read a great report!

By any chance do you have your daily compasses that you could post? We are a family group of 13 and trying to plan a mutual MTD dinner schedule since everyone will be going seperate ways when we do port excursions

Did you love Porto Marie? How was the beach? My mom is with us and she has issues with her knees and walking on soft sand..was it easily walkable? Any other suggestions for a nice beach at any of the ports?

Thanks again to taking the time to post and answer all of our questions

I do have the compasses and would be happy to post them, I just have to figure out how exactly I do that. I have never posted pictures on here, so if anyone has that info please pass that along to me.

My entire group did love Porto Marie, it was absolutely beautiful and the snorkeling was great. The water is crystal clear even though it was a little chilly. The beach was very nice, but I will tell you it is a bit rocky for about the first 15 feet into the water. I found it easily walkable but I am also 30 years old. The food here is inexpensive, but unless you hire a driver its going to cost about $25.00 per person to get there an back, because its literally on the other side of the island, but most of the beaches at Curacao are on the other side of the island. I would recommend this beach.

As far as other beaches I highly recommend Magens Bay in St Thomas.

Palm Beach in Aruba down near the Radisson and Riu hotels is a more secluded area away from most of the crowds. You get a chair for $5.00 and a the umbrellas in that area are free. Trust me its significantly less crowded in this area.

St Kitts we loved Cockelshell Beach at the Reggae Beach Bar.

I was looking for a place to have dinner while in Aruba on our cruise in October since there is plenty of time to enjoy the evening. I went to Pinchos web site and it does look good. A couple of questions... Do you need to take a taxi from the ship to get there? Is it easy to go and just get seated or will you have a wait?? What time did you go there??

You don't have to take a taxi from the boat to Pinchos. I would guess it would be about a 20 minute walk, but there are a lot of vendors along the way. Keep in mind that in Aruba they have a law that only allows 5 people per taxi, so if you have a larger group you will have to divide up. As far as the price we took 2 cabs back from Pinchos to the boat and my taxi was $10.00 for 4 of us and my little brothers taxi was $12.00 for the 4 in his taxi. I don't know why the difference in price, but just be aware. I would highly recommend making a reservation, because the night we were there they were completely booked. Our reservation was at 6:30 and we arrived at 6:00 and they seated us immediately. I am pretty sure they don't turn the tables for multiple reservations at tables because most of the people stayed for a few hours, so make a reservation!!! Like I said we arrived at 6:00 and didn't leave until close to 9.

Interested in this information as well. Right now, we have reservations at Barefoot Restaurant but this one looks amazing and tempted to switch.

If it's any consolation we asked a few of the locals and they were split, some said Pinchos and the others said Barefoot. I think either way you will be fine, but I would definitely go back to Pinchos. The food was incredible but the view was that much better!

That's for your reply. Judging from what I've read so far on message boards people are fairly well split on formal wear bs smart casual on formal nights. Wearing shorts in MDR for times other than lunch or breakfast never crossed our minds...it's just plain common sense.

Curious what you guys wore on formal nights.

It would be great not to have to hassle with dragging suit/tux especially considering there are only 2 formal nights...one of the formal nights we are dining at Giovanni's.

You don't have to take a taxi from the boat to Pinchos. I would guess it would be about a 20 minute walk, but there are a lot of vendors along the way. Keep in mind that in Aruba they have a law that only allows 5 people per taxi, so if you have a larger group you will have to divide up. As far as the price we took 2 cabs back from Pinchos to the boat and my taxi was $10.00 for 4 of us and my little brothers taxi was $12.00 for the 4 in his taxi. I don't know why the difference in price, but just be aware. I would highly recommend making a reservation, because the night we were there they were completely booked. Our reservation was at 6:30 and we arrived at 6:00 and they seated us immediately. I am pretty sure they don't turn the tables for multiple reservations at tables because most of the people stayed for a few hours, so make a reservation!!! Like I said we arrived at 6:00 and didn't leave until close to 9.

One more question about Pinchos if you will. What style of clothing were people wearing there?? Shorts, polos, long pants, sandals????

Do you remember the cost and options for internet access?

Bob, don't know whether you got an answer to your question or not. Hubby and I had the internet package for 1 device on Adventure in May. It was originally 179.95, but we got some kind of discount when we boarded so it wound up not costing quite that much. There were a variety of pricings.

Bob, don't know whether you got an answer to your question or not. Hubby and I had the internet package for 1 device on Adventure in May. It was originally 179.95, but we got some kind of discount when we boarded so it wound up not costing quite that much. There were a variety of pricings.

Thanks Judi, I believe that's what it was when we were on Adventure this past January.

That's for your reply. Judging from what I've read so far on message boards people are fairly well split on formal wear bs smart casual on formal nights. Wearing shorts in MDR for times other than lunch or breakfast never crossed our minds...it's just plain common sense.

Curious what you guys wore on formal nights.

It would be great not to have to hassle with dragging suit/tux especially considering there are only 2 formal nights...one of the formal nights we are dining at Giovanni's.

The guys in our group wore suits and ties on both formal nights and the other 5 nights we wore dress pants and button up shirts and polos. Every night the ladies wore dresses. Formal nights for ladies is much easier, they just have to throw on a dress like the other 5 nights where as us guys have to throw on the tie and the jacket lol :) :):):)

One more question about Pinchos if you will. What style of clothing were people wearing there?? Shorts, polos, long pants, sandals????

It was wide ranging honestly. The guys in my group had on shorts and shirts. Some of the ladies had on dresses where some others had on shorts. There was one table where they were very dressed up, but I am pretty sure they were on a honeymoon. I wouldn't be concerned with what you wear, the wait staff didn't seem like they were concerned. I did want to mention how amazing and attentive the staff was!!!! They let you take your time and enjoy the moment, not pushy or trying to rush you at all.

I do have the compasses and would be happy to post them, I just have to figure out how exactly I do that. I have never posted pictures on here, so if anyone has that info please pass that along to me...

Check the Photography section of CC, a thorough description of how to post and a running thread where you can try it out without bothering threads like this one with your inevitable mistakes. (Been there, done that.)

In brief, you'll need to scan or otherwise get your image, then place it on one of dozens of free or low-cost photo sites, then paste a link into a msg here using the pop up that is triggered by the camera icon below. But check the details under Photography, it can be tricky.

It was wide ranging honestly. The guys in my group had on shorts and shirts. Some of the ladies had on dresses where some others had on shorts. There was one table where they were very dressed up, but I am pretty sure they were on a honeymoon. I wouldn't be concerned with what you wear, the wait staff didn't seem like they were concerned. I did want to mention how amazing and attentive the staff was!!!! They let you take your time and enjoy the moment, not pushy or trying to rush you at all.

Thank You Very Much! :cool:

I do have the compasses and would be happy to post them, I just have to figure out how exactly I do that. I have never posted pictures on here, so if anyone has that info please pass that along to me.

My entire group did love Porto Marie, it was absolutely beautiful and the snorkeling was great. The water is crystal clear even though it was a little chilly. The beach was very nice, but I will tell you it is a bit rocky for about the first 15 feet into the water. I found it easily walkable but I am also 30 years old. The food here is inexpensive, but unless you hire a driver its going to cost about $25.00 per person to get there an back, because its literally on the other side of the island, but most of the beaches at Curacao are on the other side of the island. I would recommend this beach.

As far as other beaches I highly recommend Magens Bay in St Thomas.

Palm Beach in Aruba down near the Radisson and Riu hotels is a more secluded area away from most of the crowds. You get a chair for $5.00 and a the umbrellas in that area are free. Trust me its significantly less crowded in this area.

St Kitts we loved Cockelshell Beach at the Reggae Beach Bar.

Thanks so much for the information....just what I was looking for; and if you can post them that would be great :)

I do have the compasses and would be happy to post them

We leave early Thursday morning for San Juan, then sail on Saturday. For some reason, the itinerary is a bit different this week as we don't hit St. Croix or Curacao (and do what's published in the book backwards -- cruise day is Friday).

If you can't post the compasses, I would give my email, so I can get them ASAP. I do have the ones from May 30 to June 6 in an earlier thread.

Thanks!

We are on September 19 sailing of AOS. Trying to lighten our pack. Can you please tell us what men and women were wearing on formal and semi-formal nights ?

I'm on that sailing as well! Come by and say hello in the roll call :D

Here is the link to the 9/19 roll call. As Virtopia said....come chat with us!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2039906

Edited by skiiergirl

I need to know.... Is Coca Cola available by the can or by the bottle on the Adventurer? In a beverage package? In the frig? It's my one weakness! I'm not a fan of fountain as they never get the mix right! And the ice waters it down! If not, can you bring it on?

I need to know.... Is Coca Cola available by the can or by the bottle on the Adventurer? In a beverage package? In the frig? It's my one weakness! I'm not a fan of fountain as they never get the mix right! And the ice waters it down! If not, can you bring it on?

Coke is available by the can for individual purchase at around $2.50. You can get it at bars, restaraunts, and your stateroom minibar.

Cans are not available as part of any beverage package.

On formal nights the men wore shirts and ties and the women wore dresses. Most people that I saw dressed up for the formal nights. The rest of the nights most women had on dresses and the men wore pants with a button up or polo. I will tell you they DID NOT allow people into the MDR on formal nights wearing shorts because I had 2 people in my group not allowed to come in.

We prefer not to get really dressed up on formal and semi-formal. My husband will wear khaki slacks and very nice golf shirt and a I'll wear a nice top and black slacks. Will we be very out of place? Really don't want to pack suit for air travel. When we drive to a port we bring much more. Thanks.

We prefer not to get really dressed up on formal and semi-formal. My husband will wear khaki slacks and very nice golf shirt and a I'll wear a nice top and black slacks. Will we be very out of place? Really don't want to pack suit for air travel. When we drive to a port we bring much more. Thanks.

You will fit right in because many people don't follow the guidelines anymore.

Will you be posting the cruise compasses? I'd like to get an idea of when they have deals on and when the shows will be playing as we have late dining. Thanks!!

Yes I will post them tonight after I get off work.