Seattles Best vs. Starbucks vs. Dunkin Donuts coffee

BonnieSte

I have never even heard of Seattles Best so I am wondering if it is closer to Starbucks (which I think grows hair on my chest :eek: ) or more like Dunkin Donuts?

I prefer Stabucks over Seattles Best, but if Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf is available then I go there.

The Vision has a Seattles Best stand on Deck 6.

Seattle's Best (SBC for short)is actually OWNED by Starbucks! I think it is better than Starbucks AND D&D. Just my opinion.....I'm kind of a Wawa girl, or QuikChek or 7-11.

When you say better, does that mean softer, smoother or even stronger make hair grow not only on your chest but from your ears too?

I was surprised to see that Borders serves SBC. Funny, and I like it when it's served there, just not in the WJ or dining room on RCI.

Maybe it's the water?

Water can definately change the flavor of coffee, putting that aside, can you or anyone give me a comparison between Starbucks vs Seattles Best? (ie one is stronger or one is smoother, one has more flavor, etc?)

I am a Dunkin Donuts drinker and I found the Seattle's Best to be not as strong as Starbucks (thank god) but not as good as Dunkin's. It doesn't have that burnt taste like Starbucks but doesn't taste the same as my favorite Dunkin's. It is definitely drinkable even to those who drink it black like us.

I am a Dunkin Donuts drinker and I found the Seattle's Best to be not as strong as Starbucks (thank god) but not as good as Dunkin's. It doesn't have that burnt taste like Starbucks but doesn't taste the same as my favorite Dunkin's. It is definitely drinkable even to those who drink it black like us.

THANK YOU! That is what I was looking for, I totally agree with Starbucks tasting burnt. Do they have flavored kinds too? :D

THANK YOU! That is what I was looking for, I totally agree with Starbucks tasting burnt. Do they have flavored kinds too? :D

I am not sure if they have flavored or not. We only had the free coffee that was set up in Cafe Promenade when we were on the Mariner. I never even looked to see what they had up at the bar area where you order lattes and stuff. Hopefully someone else knows.

I am not sure if they have flavored or not. We only had the free coffee that was set up in Cafe Promenade when we were on the Mariner. I never even looked to see what they had up at the bar area where you order lattes and stuff. Hopefully someone else knows.

thank you mema, are you a memiere?

thank you mema, are you a memiere?

I hope not!! My son is only 16:eek: I used itsme as a name years ago on one site and it was used when I went to a gaming site so I added the really and it was used so I added the MA for Massachusetts. I am usually called Mema now though and most think I have grandkids lol Hopefully that isn't the case for another 10 years:p ;)

I agree with you 200% -- until the stores here where I lived started selling Seattle's Best ground coffee, we were hooked on Starbucks. HOWEVER, Target just started selling Dunkin' Donuts coffee, and having grown up on the East Coast with Dunkin' Donuts, I stocked up! I can only imagine what the cashier was thinking when I bought half-dozen bags of Dunkin' Donuts coffee . . . LOL.

I think the Seattle's Best at the Promenade is the best cruise ship coffee I have had. I dislike Dunkin Donuts coffee as even drunken black it tastes watered down and weak; it just doesn't have that true coffee taste. I like authentic coffee, so Starbucks is definitely #1 in my book out of the chains, but Seattle's Best is decent. It is not as strong as Starbucks so people who can't handle Starbucks' coffee may find Seattle's Best to be good. It does not have the weak coffee-wanna-be taste like DD though, so if you are one of those who thinks Starbucks is "burnt" rather than strong, you may prefer the Windjammer coffee machine (made with syrup rather than brewed) to Seattle's Best.

When you say better, does that mean softer, smoother or even stronger make hair grow not only on your chest but from your ears too?

No growth! (char)bucks over roasts the beans....so i think it is a little muddy-but i will drink their 'light note' brews.

also, SBC doesn't cause me bad stomach stuff....not that starbucks does all the time, but, it's hard to explain....

coffee is sooooo personal and subjective.......i actually don't mind the coffee on RC's ships....and it's concentrate.

toodles

I'm assuming we are talking about brewed coffee and not espresso.

Comparing Starbucks, SBC, and Dunkin Donuts is like comparing beer. There are certain ones people like and certain ones they don't. Some people love light beer in a can, while others prefer a local microbrew. Some people would never touch a beer darker than a light yellow color. Some would never think of drinking a beer they could see through. I for one prefer darker beer on tap or from a bottle. However if Coors Light cans were the only ones available, I would drink that.

I love, love, love Starbucks and SBC is a close second. I recently fell in love with SBC's organic French Roast. I brew that at home. I'll drink DD if that is the only kind available.

And like BonnieSte said, the water used to brew it definitely does make a difference in the final outcome.

hey all

in feb on ROS they had the flavored shots that could be added to the coffee. I personally thought that Seattles Best was very strong. I do the funny thing here in town I hit starbucks for the espresso brownies then hit Dunkin Donuts for the coffee everyone in my office laughed until I started them on brownies and coffee now we take turns getting it. LOL!!!:p

I go to Starbucks literally everyday and get an iced sugar-free vanilla, non-fat latte. On the ship, I had no problem with my addiction. The same drink from Seattle's Best was comparable in taste and quality. Dunkin Donuts in my area is not real consistent in terms of quality so I rarely go there but sometimes, you can get a really good cup of coffee from them. I would say if you are looking for starbucks-like coffee, SBC will probably satisfy.

I don't know if there's a difference between the ship's coffee and the land stores' coffee, but Seattle's Best is a better brand of coffee than Starbucks. That's why Starbucks bought them out.

Sidenote: If you like hot cocoa at all, Seattle's Best makes the BEST hot cocoa in their stores! The hot cocoa itself is so good, but then they add a stick of chocolate in it, then whipped cream, and then shavings of white chocolate on top of that!!! :D :D :D Stir or swirl your cup around (when it gets to the level it won't spill if ya do that, of course!) to get the chocolate stick to melt even more into your cocoa, if that's what you like. MMM!!!!

Archived