Oasis--which pier in Cozumel?

Looking forward to my Jan. 8th cruise on the Oasis! Does anyone know which pier the Oasis uses to dock in Cozumel? When visiting Coz on my honeymoon in '99, we enjoyed walking around the town square. Would like to go there again. I guess this is considered the old part of Cozumel. Knowing where we will dock will help me plan my day. Any suggestions for shops or restaurants would be appreciated. One in our group is fluent in Spanish so we are not leary about being off the tourist path (as long as it is safe). Thanks!

Oasis docks at the international pier, which is located approx. 3 miles from the downtown area, where most shops and the square are located. At the pier, there is a complex containing retail vendor booths (liquor, souvenirs), and a Senior Frogs is nearby. The downtown area is a $7.00 cab ride away, and has a multitide of restaurants, including Carlos & Charlie's and Margaritaville. Prices on souvenir-type items seemed better in the shops downtown. The public square is charming.

RCCL docks at the International pier. Carnival docks at the pier to your starboard side. Not unusual to sea a Holland America ship on your port side. You are a short cab ride from downtown, where NCL docks.

If all the above places are crowded, try the "No Name Bar" at the Barracuda Hotel. Right next to Margaritaville Hotel.

Have a great time!

R&D

I went to Cozumel last year on Carnival and can't remeber the name of the pier that we docked at. Would it have been the same pier. I was wondering about the pier myself. We will be there in March.

Carnival uses the Puerta Maya pier which is located next to the International pier.

we enjoyed Panchos Backyard...great margaritas and food. Get in a cab and ask...$5-7...have fun

You no longer have to go downtown to eat at Pancho's. There is one located three blocks down in the Puerta Maya pier complex and it's just as nice.

We will be on the Jan. 8th cruise also with two other couples - CAN NOT WAIT!!! We LOVE the down town area of Cozumel. We spend a lot of time sitting at a side-walk bar drinking $2.00 beers - at least my husband does - I shop. It is located just off the dock area of of the "old" down town area. This is one stop we spend the entire day off the ship. START THE PACKING!!!!

• 4 years later...
Is oasis close to Fat Tuesday or. Margaritaville?

Hoping to enjoy a drink with friends while we r in town.

Thanks

I believe the Margaritaville is near downtown, which is not near where Oasis docks. Don't recall Fat Tuesday. There is a Senor Frogs near where Oasis docks.

from what i have found, oasis dock at the TNM? pier. But I am not for certain

The Cozumel cruise ship "calendar" I look at lists it as docking at the TMM International pier, so I have to assume that's its official name. I'm not sure if Royal Caribbean ever uses a different pier.

Margaritaville is at the south end of town so 2ish miles north of the pier. The internet says there's 2 Fat Tuesday locations and one is at Puerta Maya, so right "next door" to you when you dock. If you visit the Cozumel subforum, there's plenty of info on the port.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210

Carnival uses the Puerta Maya pier which is located next to the International pier.

You no longer have to go downtown to eat at Pancho's. There is one located three blocks down in the Puerta Maya pier complex and it's just as nice.

Agree 100% We go there every cruise to Cozumel :) I think its less than 3 blocks though.