Private Jeep Tour thru Cozumel Cruise Excursions

afergvip

• 2 months later...
What is the maximum number of people that fit into the jeeps on these private jeep tours? Did you see any children riding in them?

We had 4 in the Jeep plus the tour guide. My husband (6'-3") sat in the front and my two kids (12 & 14) and I sat in the back comfortably.

This was our Jeep:

P1080983_zpsnc9sxpkg.jpg

P1080757_zpse5smkvmh.jpg

And here are some of the sights:

IMG_8424_zpsuvpbmewi.jpg

IMG_8387_zpsiajjnkpt.jpg

Lunch stop on the east side of the island. We LOVED the water here and a nice leisurely dip:

P1090012_zpsjtqczs0n.jpg

You can read my very detailed, and picture intensive review beginning at post #15: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=297903

I highly recommend either taking the private Jeep tour or venturing out and renting a Jeep in Cozumel. We had previously been to Mr. Sanchos, Paradise Beach, and Chankanaab, but this Jeep tour to Punta Sur and the other side of the island definitely was the best experience we have had in Cozumel.

We were there about 4 years ago and rented our own jeep and just drove. Its such a simple island there was no way of getting lost. You take one road around! We were able to stop where we wanted. It was great. Returning in December and not sure exactly what we are doing but we might just rent another jeep.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think the problem is that there are so many companies with very similar names that the reviews and information for ne gets assigned to another. We made reservations last year and then our ship couldn't make the port due to a critically ill child. Despite multiple promises the only way we finally got our deposit back was to put in an official complaint with PayPal. I emailed a few times earlier this year saying we're coming back and would like to try again, no response. But there is a .net company @ .com company one that is both.com and .net etc., etc and then there's the Cozumel best excursions and on and on.

W'ere going in December and I am trying to figure out which company to book

• 2 weeks later...

I booked an excursion back in July for a November cruise .I paid the deposit through paypal. I emailed the company several times in October to confirm reservation no response . So I sent several emails trying to cancel excursion. I just decided to book through cruise line so I would know we had excursion when we got there. Then 2 days ago I receive an email with confirmation and meeting spot......I sent email back explaining I have emailed several times to confirm then emailed several times to cancel. Still have not received an email back. I just feel that a company should be able to communicate better with their clients. I guess I wait and see if I get my deposit refunded... I will be writing a review about their customer service on TripAdvisor.

I honestly couldn't say enough great things about them...they did wait to confirm everything the night before our cruise:rolleyes: with instructions but we got what we needed to meet them. Our driver Jonny "Bravo" was so awesome. What a great kid! We had the best day with him and when they say you can customize YOU CAN!!! We went to Punta Sur, El Cedral, all around the east side on a drive, to the chocolat and tequila places, to the locals market. They treated us like family. We would use them again in a heartbeat. They checked with us after the tour to make sure we enjoyed ourselves! I loved them!

I did the private dune buggy tour with them last year (I think it was the .net site. Frank was who I met/paid and introduced us to our guide for the day).

We had a great day. Our guide had a general outline for the day but told us if we wanted to add/change anything to just let him know. We just went with his plan.

Our dune buggy was not in the best shape but it got us around the island and was a lot of fun. There was a cooler of beer and water in the back. We were a private tour so we could spend as much or as little time as we wanted at each spot (we passed long lines of other dune buggies and jeeps - the private tour suited us much better).

One thing to be aware of is that in the info we received it stated that you could drive or the guide would drive you. When we got there, they told me one of us would have to drive until the first stop. Luckily my friend who was with me can drive a stick.

I did the private dune buggy tour with them last year (I think it was the .net site. Frank was who I met/paid and introduced us to our guide for the day).

We had a great day. Our guide had a general outline for the day but told us if we wanted to add/change anything to just let him know. We just went with his plan.

Our dune buggy was not in the best shape but it got us around the island and was a lot of fun. There was a cooler of beer and water in the back. We were a private tour so we could spend as much or as little time as we wanted at each spot (we passed long lines of other dune buggies and jeeps - the private tour suited us much better).

One thing to be aware of is that in the info we received it stated that you could drive or the guide would drive you. When we got there, they told me one of us would have to drive until the first stop. Luckily my friend who was with me can drive a stick.

Yes, I had to drive to the first stop too. But I enjoy driving stick shifts. Our guide said we had to drive near the port area because of some taxi rule/regulation and the taxi union.