Bad TA

louisville fan

If I have booked a cruise through my TA and she is now giving me bad service by not responding to my emails alerting her know that my price of my cruise has dropped and I need her assistance with doing a price adjustment. Can I go around her and just deal with Carnival myself. I booked 2 cabins with her and she has them on different floors. I have asked her to change these, nothing yet. She booked me as a past guest and I have noticed that 1 cabin with the 2 in an OV is down $80 and the 3 person Is cabin is down $50. I am troubled with her.

No - you cannot deal direct with Carnival once you have a TA - I think you have the option of dropping TA and going with Carnival but you can't have both. I deal strictly with a PVP and he will actually call and put through things for me and then lets me know what he has done. I have had him for 12 years and do not look forward to when he retires.

If I have booked a cruise through my TA and she is now giving me bad service by not responding to my emails alerting her know that my price of my cruise has dropped and I need her assistance with doing a price adjustment. Can I go around her and just deal with Carnival myself. I booked 2 cabins with her and she has them on different floors. I have asked her to change these, nothing yet. She booked me as a past guest and I have noticed that 1 cabin with the 2 in an OV is down $80 and the 3 person Is cabin is down $50. I am troubled with her.

Only if you convert your booking from the TA - to a Carnival rep. :o

This is why I did not take the TA risk. Sorry this happened to you. :(

Boy that stinks. I'm so sorry you're having a rough go of it. I would give Carnival a call and let then know your situation. At the very least they'll say "no," but they might have a list of bad TAs that they don't do business with anymore. Not sure if they do or not. But that would be one way to get her to step up and provide you good customer service. Is there anyone else in the travel agency that you can speak with?

When is your cruise? Are you after final payment date? Is so, past guest rate cannot get price drops, only ES rate does. If you are before final payment date, you can cancel without penalty and rebook with whoever you want.

I have heard you can do this yourself even if you booked with TA. At least that is what my TA has told me.

Carnival wouldn't talk to me at all about my booking last year when I used a TA. That's why from that point forward, I have booked on my own.

Did you say you were booked as Past Guest? I don't think you get price drop credits with Past Guest booking. The only thing I think you can get adjusted is getting your rooms on the same floor.

I am not at final yet, Sail date is June 9. I asked her to do a ES since I could get the OBC if the price dropped. I am gonna call myself if she does not contact me tomorrow. Wish me luck.

So you asked her to book you ES but she booked you past guest?

That would have been it for me right there.

If you arent at final yet id cancel n rebook with Carnival.

Bill

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Why do you think that you are entitled to a reduction in price? I have no idea when you sail but if you are past the date of final payment, since you are booked under the past guest rate you are not entitled to any price reductions. If you are not past final payment, then cancel the cruise and rebook on your own through Carnival, there is nothing that the TA can do to prevent that from happening.

Archived