$15 Europe flights? Ryanair board OKs plan to fly to USA

DaytonCruiser

I can't wait for that New York City (Binghamton) to London (Hull) flight!

Or perhaps the Chicago (La Crosse) to Frankfurt (Göttingen) route.

Exactly. IIRC Ryanair has been floating this idea about once every 10 months for the last three years or so. Their board keeps throwing Hail Marys - trying three times to buy out Aer Lingus, now this TATL blarney. Surely they have better things to do?

Keep in mind, much of what Ryanair says (just like Spirit) is to get attention. They'll never get away with paid bathrooms or standing-room only, but if they keep bringing stuff up, they keep getting their name in the news. People may say that's bad, but their planes are usually full and they keep expanding, so they're doing something right.

No, just no. Not even for $15

$15*,**

* - First 4 seats out of 350

** - Plus taxes and fees of $600 roundtrip

$15*,**

* - First 4 seats out of 350

** - Plus taxes and fees of $600 roundtrip

Oh I know "$15" wouldn't really end up being $15. My point was just that even if it was just $15, or if it was completely free, I would not fly them TATL. Frankly I doubt I would even fly them again Shannon-Manchester as I did a few years ago. Even that short flight was torture, LOL.

Oh I know "$15" wouldn't really end up being $15. My point was just that even if it was just $15, or if it was completely free, I would not fly them TATL. Frankly I doubt I would even fly them again Shannon-Manchester as I did a few years ago. Even that short flight was torture, LOL.

Yeah, I haven't been too impressed with my Ryanair experiences (granted, only two experiences and back when I was in college about 9 years ago). But I wouldn't fly them internationally.

Easyjet, on the other hand, has always made me happy. Not just the flights, but their customer service. I've also only flown Easyjet a few times, but they've been great. They recently paid me EC261 compensation within a week of my 4 hour mechanical delay. Pretty nifty.

Wouldn't it be just perfect if they "partner" with Spirit Air for domestic connecting legs. Talk about cruel and unusual punishment :eek: But, those who are looking for the "best" fare will use them...

WN would be too upscale for them ;)

Friends don't let friends fly RyanAir...

Video? What video?

Fascinating AIDA i think, song 'cheap flights'.

Globaliser is pulling everyone's leg.

For years, he's had a link to that video in his signature. So find a post of his and follow.

Still appropriate and funny after all this time.

Given this discussion about budget European airlines I have a couple of questions about Transavia -- KLM'a budget airline,. We are thinking of booking a nonstop flight for this Oct from Marrakesh. to Amsterdam and my concerns are a) the security of booking on their website and b) any feel for their track record regarding canceling flights? My only other options involve a connection so this flight is quite appealing.

Given this discussion about budget European airlines I have a couple of questions about Transavia -- KLM'a budget airline,. We are thinking of booking a nonstop flight for this Oct from Marrakesh. to Amsterdam and my concerns are a) the security of booking on their website and b) any feel for their track record regarding canceling flights? My only other options involve a connection so this flight is quite appealing.

I don't know much about Transavia itself, but I will say that I have never heard anything negative as far as booking on their website. Where else would you plan to book? In my mind, the issues often come with putting another party in between you and your airline, not with booking directly with the airline.

Many (most?) of the flights are with budget airlines such as Transavia, easyjet and Ryanair. I take either Iberia or easyjet, depending on where I am going, and have preferred my easyjet experiences. Have also taken Royal Air Maroc and was not pleased at all.

As a budget airline, Transavia may not be the most comfortable, but at least it's a short flight. However, I have no personal experiences with them so I rely on others to share those.

(But do enjoy Marrakech - it's a great place. My wife has family there so I've been lucky to experience the true local side of it. The airport, however, is not pleasant. But they're building a new terminal...or were when I was there last in September. It may be built now, not sure)

Thanks for the prompt feedback. And yes, did not seem to find any option for booking them other than their website. Most flights I book are Star Alliance so I book though United' website. I don't book through 3rd party sites.I did not check KLM's website -- even if I could book there I am not sure it would be any different than booking direct with Transavia. And yes, I am prepared for a barebones flight experience but as it is short and nonstop I can tolerate that.

We will be ( dare I say it here on CC?) a non cruise two week trip in Morocco including three days hiking in the Atlas Mountains --- high on my bucket list. Hopefully all of the troubles in Tunisia and Egypt will not soil over into Morocco. I will have some free time in Marrakesh -- any places or restaurants high on your must do list?

FlyerTalker (as always) got it right. But I know that not everyone has signatures switched on.

Incidentally, Fascinating Aida isn't actually an Irish group. They sometimes say when they're doing the song that they all have Irish connections: that Dillie is Irish (actually, her parents were originally from Ireland); that Liza is married to an Irishman (now a "was"); and that Adele has been to Liverpool (truth unknown).

Looks like they've already "changed their mind". So they announced it to get attention, and now they abandon it to get attention. Let me guess, they'll be back on it again next week...

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-31975456

Which reminds me of my earlier statement in this thread...

Keep in mind, much of what Ryanair says (just like Spirit) is to get attention.

If indeed Ryanair flies from USA to Europe, what planes would they use?

"Oh, you want to fly in an actual airplane? There will be an additional fee or you can provide your own plane and pilot." .....the likely answer from Ryan Air, given their history and business model. :D