Considering booking a resort and checking in and out the same day?

kayleeshae37

I know that you can purchase day passes for some resorts, but it seems to be cheaper to book a room for the night and check out early. Has anyone ever done this? I was thinking of checking in around 10 and out at 5ish. I know my room may not be ready that early but I would still have access to all amenities right?? Just an idea would appreciate any feedback as to pros or cons to doing this. Thanks

I know that you can purchase day passes for some resorts, but it seems to be cheaper to book a room for the night and check out early. Has anyone ever done this? I was thinking of checking in around 10 and out at 5ish. I know my room may not be ready that early but I would still have access to all amenities right?? Just an idea would appreciate any feedback as to pros or cons to doing this. Thanks

Are you talking about AI resort hotel? Not sure where you would find a lower nightly rate than day pass rate. You may need to book for the night before in order to cover food and drinks from 10am - not sure they woul monitor cutting you off at whatever time check-out is. Some hotels do offer day room rates, I don't know if that would help but they are not generally AI.

I do know for the day pass rates it has been discussed before that food and drinks were not covered until 11am at Park Royal. I don't know if that has changed.

Edited by c-leg5

• 1 month later...

You might have difficulty getting early check-in; 10 am is really early.

Now, if you don't actually want to use the room, they probably will let you go eat and onto the beach and such; but they might not (depends on the resort).

Day pass is the way to go.