New Captain's Club Benefits Have Arrived!!!

wb3hyde

This is a great bonus,

The internet minutes will save me about $100 per cruise, it is good to know that Celebrity are continuing to be proactive in looking after their

repeat customers.

The bonus for us as well is that the membership is linked between X and Az,

Well done Celebrity.

This is a great bonus,

The internet minutes will save me about $100 per cruise, it is good to know that Celebrity are continuing to be proactive in looking after their

repeat customers.

The bonus for us as well is that the membership is linked between X and Az,

Well done Celebrity.

I don't see a lot of differences other than the new lounge at Michaels Club and some laundry and internet perks. They do say they are going to roll out some new benefits however.

I do have one question relative to the 90 internet minutes and that has to do with the way it is presented on the web site and I quote...

"90 complimentary Internet minutes (can be applied to any Internet package of equal or greater value)"

The way I interpret this is you have to purchase a package of at least 90 minutes and you will then receive 180 minutes. IMHO, that is not a big deal...

Well I think they look great

And all the statements that executives were talking about 25+ sailings are unfounded

Just shows, we all neeed to wait till we see the facts - there has to be something in these new perks for everyone

I do have one question relative to the 90 internet minutes and that has to do with the way it is presented on the web site and I quote...

"90 complimentary Internet minutes (can be applied to any Internet package of equal or greater value)"

The way I interpret this is you have to purchase a package of at least 90 minutes and you will then receive 180 minutes. IMHO, that is not a big deal...

That is the way I see it too. I had a look at the internet packages listed on the site and there is 75 minutes for $40 and 125 minute one for $60. I'm not sure if there is one on the ships for 90 minutes, but that would probably be for $50 and thus the $50 free internet minutes for the bonus 90 minutes that were rumoured.

To be honest I read them and wasn't as excited as I thought I'd be. Not a statement of disappointment because the ship and trip are the most important things to me, just an observation.

Phil

I just read the bit about more benefits coming soon so look forward to seeing those. Keeps the speculation going.

I like the new laundry and pressing perks. We'll be able to pack lighter, and I always have to get my Tux Jacket and sport coat pressed since they just get too wrinkled in the suitcase.

The internet perk requires a purchase - BOGO.

I am surprised that the Cocktail Party before dinner for Elite is the same as the old Diamond on RCCL. They had to change because there were too many people, and made it for Diamond Plus - except on the ships with a Diamond Lounge.

We'll just have to wait and see if they will announce an Elite + Level.

Charlie

This is from the Celebrity web site.

Elite Member Benefits (*After 10 earned tier credits)

Existing Benefits

•Complimentary use of the Loyalty Desk member service center between cruises

•Complimentary access to the onboard Loyalty Host during your cruise

•A premium onboard discount booklet filled with special offers during each cruise

Complimentary custom air request when booking your cruise

Pre-sailing specialty restaurant reservations available before your cruise

•Annual member reunion cruises which include member events and dicounts

One category upgrade prior to sailing (when available

)•Complimentary online Captain's Club newsletter with the latest program news and information

•Priority embarkation while boarding the ship

•Invitation to a complimentary wine seminar event

•Priority status on the shore excursion waitlist

•Invitation to the exclusive Senior Officer's Cockatil Party

•Access to the private shipboard departure lounge with continental breakfast during disembarkation•Priority tender service status

Priority waitlist status for dining room seating

•Invitation to attend the Elegant Tea Service event

Complimentary use of the Thalassotherapy Pool. (Celebrity Mercury only)

•Ability to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society Diamond Tier

Added Benefits (Available on All Celebrity Cruises EXCEPT Celebrity Xpedition)

•Exclusive Captain's Club Celebration event

•Complimentary pressing of 2 garment items*

•One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing (**item counts may vary based on itinerary water usage restrictions)

•One standard bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) at a discounted price of $20 on all Celebrity cruises of 12 nights or longer

•Complimentary dry cleaning of 1 garment item

•90 complimentary Internet minutes (can be applied to any Internet package of equal or greater value)

•Access to the Captain's Club Lounge at Michael's Club for daily coffeehouse style breakfast and evening social hour (doesn't say anything about complimentary beverages here)

•Complimentary access to Persian Garden (port days only)

Basically, it's all about the laundry! (mostly :p)

I think the jury is still out on this.

Why did they make the laundry so complex? one dry cleaning item per cruise. One free complimentary laundry bag limited depending on the water useage rules to 20 or 30 items. One regular laundry bag on 12 or more night cruises for $20.

I havent figured out if the internet is a good deal or not yet?

No mention of the "champagne" breakfast in the Club. Do beverages include champagne?

At night: Have A drink before dinner. hmmm, one drink per person?

As time goes on this will unfold.

Not that I am there yet but I wanted to see an Elite plus level, something to work up too.

Why should the couple with 50 crusies or 100 cruises get the same benefits as we do? We have less then 25 cruises.

I was looking forward to building my cruise numbers up to get to some super elite level. Now it does not matter.

Spence

•Access to the Captain's Club Lounge at Michael's Club for daily coffeehouse style breakfast and evening social hour (doesn't say anything about complimentary beverages here)

This from the spiel at the top of the Elite benefits page:

"This new lounge will offer a casual coffeehouse-style experience from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., with complimentary espressos, teas and other menu items, a variety of reading materials, and, on Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Equinox, wi-fi access. Every evening from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Captain's Club Elite members and their stateroom/suite companions can return to the Lounge to enjoy socializing with fellow members, participate in a wine tasting event, or simply relax and enjoy a quiet, complimentary drink before dinner."

Phil

The way it was done on our cruise, and it may not be that way now, was we were charged 90 minutes of internet time on our sea pass card. And later, the charges were zeroed out.

This from the spiel at the top of the Elite benefits page:

"This new lounge will offer a casual coffeehouse-style experience from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., with complimentary espressos, teas and other menu items, a variety of reading materials, and, on Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Equinox, wi-fi access. Every evening from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Captain's Club Elite members and their stateroom/suite companions can return to the Lounge to enjoy socializing with fellow members, participate in a wine tasting event, or simply relax and enjoy a quiet, complimentary drink before dinner."

Phil

:p I should have read the whole page! :p Thanks Phil!

I just noticed that there are a few added benefits for the other 2 levels, as well.

I'm certainly NOT complaining. These are added benefits that I greatly appreciate. I will definitely use each of these so I am very happy--especially the laundry and pressing. Thanks, X!

Not that I am there yet but I wanted to see an Elite plus level, something to work up too.

Why should the couple with 50 crusies or 100 cruises get the same benefits as we do? We have less then 25 cruises.

I was looking forward to building my cruise numbers up to get to some super elite level. Now it does not matter.

Spence

I do not think any line has a super Elite level.

But with over 25 cruises on the line they do treat you very special.

I don't see a lot of differences other than the new lounge at Michaels Club and some laundry and internet perks. They do say they are going to roll out some new benefits however.

Hi Don !

That's how I read it also. While any new perks are appreciated, this "buy something, and we will give you something" mindset frustrates me. I wish they wouldnt do that, especially to their best customers.

I wish they would just stop.. the "buy this" - "get this" mentality. No one likes forced purchases.

Cunard makes the free internet time very easy. 2 hrs, 4 hrs, 8 hrs depending upon loyalty level. You set up the package on one of their computers... say 4 hrs for $89 and then your onboard account is credited for $89.

Now that's free!

Internet packages must be a big and crucial money-maker for Celebrity (read: huge mark-up). That's the only explanation I can come up with for the Buy One, Get One Free mentality. By comparison, Regent gives unlimited free internet beginning at its second lowest level.

Well, I must say I'm pretty pleased with the way it's turned out. In my opinion, it was long overdue and I'm pleasantly surprised that only 10 cruise credits will get you the extra perks.

I'm a little disappointed in the way it implies the internet credits have to be added to a purchased package (I believe there was already an internet-related coupon in the old Elite book). To me, a coupon to entice you to spend money on board is not really a reward. That being said, on a 7 day cruise, I probably wouldn't buy an internet package, but on a longer cruise, I might be tempted to buy one just to see what's happening at work (although I generally live to regret reading work e-mails while on vacation). In that case, the extra minutes would make me feel less rushed when finding out about who got promoted beyond their abilities, and who's in trouble for leaving rotting food in the lunch room fridge. ;)

Not as thrilled as I thought I would be, but I do like the laundry perks.

I will not buy an internet package on vacation. So I will have no use for that benefit.

As for the: •Exclusive Captain's Club Celebration event

Is this in place of the Captain's Club Party (or same thing). As I don't see Captain's Club Party listed among the Existing Benefits. In any case, than how is that new?

Oh and another thing...all those postings on Facebook, about it being new and blue and sushi, etc. I don't see anything in this that would relate to those postings.

Anne Maria

I was so looking forward to seeing a new Elite level added. What were the

teases that made so many "reliable sources" think there would be an Elite+ tier. We don't use the laundry thing, nor do we use internet. I am disappointed.

Hi Ships !

I know how you feel, but there is probably more to come.

It seems that today's news is just the beginning of what's to come over the next several months. On the Elite benefits page, it states "This is only the beginning". Whether this means there will ultimately be a new level beyond Elite is anyone's guess, but I am not ready to rule it out.

All we can do, is wait for more details to be announced.

The following appears in the announcement on the website:

"In recognition of their desire to stay in touch with family and friends while vacationing, Elite members will now receive complimentary Internet packages, while Select members will receive a significantly discounted rate on any Internet package. " Sounds to me like no purchase necessary for Elites.

Oh and another thing...all those postings on Facebook, about it being new and blue and sushi, etc. I don't see anything in this that would relate to those postings.

Anne Maria

Hi CruisingChick !

Same here. I had no idea what the Blue statement was referring to, and I still have no idea :)

Perhaps the Blue reference will be part of the future enhancements that Celebrity is planning. We will have to wait and see.

Archived