Flight changes and Insurance

Talus731

Lets see if I can make this clear as mud. Back in October I booked an 11 day cruise for Nov 14, 2012. On February 1st, 2012 I paid for the rest. Plane tickets, insurance, booked the hotel etc. Thought I was good to go.:D

At the end of January 2012 I had surgery, my daughter came up to help me recover that first week and just spend time. While chatting she told me that she was cleared if her and the hubby wanted to try and get pregnant, told her it was great news, just not to get preggars in February, the due date would be in November. We laughed over that and didn't give it another thought.

Yesterday my daughter called with great news, I'm going to be a grandma YAY!!! :D First question, when are you due?? She hasn't seen her actual doctor yet, but her FIL who is a doc said mid November, Checked the online calculators she can be due anywhere from Nov 9th, to the 27th :eek::eek: I laughed and said, "Did we not have this conversation??" :D I am thrilled to death, happy for the both of them and if there is a good reason for postponing a cruise this is it. BTW, this is my first Grandchild and there is no way I would miss it.

Ok, on to my question. Called the cruise company no problems in changing, canceled the hotel rooms, no problem, contacted the insurance and they said if there were no fees associated with changing there would be no problem changing to the new cruise, but i have to cruise by 2/1/13 :eek: Well the new cruise is in April of 2013. The person I spoke to said for me to get all the paperwork together and they will submit it to the ins company and see if they will extend it. OK... So far so good. Called the online travel agency I used to get my flights and start changing flights, and thats where it falls to pieces. $360 in change fees for two people and I have to fly by 2/1/12. New cruise is in April!! Can't go earlier due to Husbands job.

Question is this. Can I take this flight, pay the change fees and use it for flying to California for the birth and purchase new flights for the cruise? Does it matter what flight I take to the cruise? I don't remember if I added flight information to my insurance, I was still on meds from my surgery.

Trying to get my ducks in a row, hardest thing is that I can't do anything about the flights til May, since they aren't published yet for April 2013.

Any thought or suggestions would be great.

Thank you.

Lets see if I can make this clear as mud. Back in October I booked an 11 day cruise for Nov 14, 2012. On February 1st, 2012 I paid for the rest. Plane tickets, insurance, booked the hotel etc. Thought I was good to go.:D

At the end of January 2012 I had surgery, my daughter came up to help me recover that first week and just spend time. While chatting she told me that she was cleared if her and the hubby wanted to try and get pregnant, told her it was great news, just not to get preggars in February, the due date would be in November. We laughed over that and didn't give it another thought.

Yesterday my daughter called with great news, I'm going to be a grandma YAY!!! :D First question, when are you due?? She hasn't seen her actual doctor yet, but her FIL who is a doc said mid November, Checked the online calculators she can be due anywhere from Nov 9th, to the 27th :eek::eek: I laughed and said, "Did we not have this conversation??" :D I am thrilled to death, happy for the both of them and if there is a good reason for postponing a cruise this is it. BTW, this is my first Grandchild and there is no way I would miss it.

Ok, on to my question. Called the cruise company no problems in changing, canceled the hotel rooms, no problem, contacted the insurance and they said if there were no fees associated with changing there would be no problem changing to the new cruise, but i have to cruise by 2/1/13 :eek: Well the new cruise is in April of 2013. The person I spoke to said for me to get all the paperwork together and they will submit it to the ins company and see if they will extend it. OK... So far so good. Called the online travel agency I used to get my flights and start changing flights, and thats where it falls to pieces. $360 in change fees for two people and I have to fly by 2/1/12. New cruise is in April!! Can't go earlier due to Husbands job.

Question is this. Can I take this flight, pay the change fees and use it for flying to California for the birth and purchase new flights for the cruise? Does it matter what flight I take to the cruise? I don't remember if I added flight information to my insurance, I was still on meds from my surgery.

Trying to get my ducks in a row, hardest thing is that I can't do anything about the flights til May, since they aren't published yet for April 2013.

Any thought or suggestions would be great.

Thank you.

No, you didn't give flight numbers to the insurer when you bought the policy. You may not have even given them the name of the airline. They only really start worrying about those details if you have to cancel. Or, of course if you're booking with a bankrupt carrier.

Once your TA confirms that the policy can be rolled over to the new cruise date (most will extend past their stated extension dates with a little prodding) just give them a call with the new flight info and pay any additional premium if needed.

Lets see if I can make this clear as mud.

You were successful :).

Question is this. Can I take this flight, pay the change fees and use it for flying to California for the birth and purchase new flights for the cruise?

Yes. Cruiseco is correct, as always.

Archived