Why MSC is defining the new cruise industry - opinion

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:44 PM.
Currently at Cruise Critic
2,352 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Originally posted by The_Big_M
… Except it doesn’t have a promenade deck.
The Allure does have wrap-around promenade deck.

And that doesn't answer the question: "Then what prompted that delayed outburst when you'd already replied?"

My posts are about the ships.
I do not post personal remarks. It does not make sense and it is forbidden by CC guidelines.
Therefore I don't aswer personal remarks especially made in rude and disrespectful manner.
Sorry.

I didn't make that claim.
OK.
Franklin, MA USA
6,942 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
I think MSC added something new to the industry. I have not been on their largest ships however I was impressed by the size of bars/lounges of Poesia. When you have spaces like this it is easier to provide smaller scale entertainment for larger number of people.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
X~Century03,07~Mercury05~Summit15~Silhouette16 PCL~Caribbean06,09,10~Ruby08~Grand12~Royal17
RCI~Splendor04~Explorer07,09,10~Brilliance13~Allure16~Anthem16~Grandeur17 HAL~Zuiderdam04~Veendam16 NCL~Sun06~Spirit08~Dawn11~Jewel12~Gem12,17~Breakaway14 MSC~Poesia14~Divina14 Cunard~QM217
CCL~Liberty05~Miracle11~Glory13
Sydney, Australia
13,507 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Originally posted by cruisetrail
The Allure does have wrap-around promenade deck.
No. It does have a wraparound jogging track though. But that's not the same thing.

Therefore I don't aswer personal remarks especially made in rude and disrespectful manner.
Your post replying to the other poster that "this ship does not exist" when it did, was said in that manner.

It seemed odd that after replying you needed to reply again some time later solely to be apparently disrespectful.
Currently at Cruise Critic
2,352 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Originally posted by The_Big_M
No. It does have a wraparound jogging track though. But that's not the same thing.

The Allure of the Seas does have a wrap-around promenade.
Call it jogging track or whatever. It's not exactly what the Freedom class has.
It's not as luxurious as Cunard or HAL promenades.
Nevertheless it's a promenade deck.
It's located where promenade decks should be, it looks like promenade deck and it is used as promenade deck.

Sydney, Australia
13,507 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Originally posted by cruisetrail
It's located where promenade decks should be,
Yes.
it looks like promenade deck
No. It looks like a jogging track. And has lots of walls. There's very little space for seats and very few of them.

Even your picture above shows how inadequate it is. Can you imagine sitting in one of those? You couldn't even sit properly in one!

Squeezed into the rail, your legs either bent or squeezed through the rails and being bumped by the traffic behind you?!

and it is used as promenade deck.
Not really. It's used as a jogging track.
Jacksonville, Fl
945 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Originally posted by Tatka
I do not find Carnival's food well prepared and better than NCL & MSC.
well it is......
Dennis

532 days at sea
47 cruises
12 cruise lines
T/P, T/A, Hawaii, Central & South America, New Zealand & South Pacific, Rio/ Amazon, Alaska
Franklin, MA USA
6,942 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Originally posted by AFuncruiser
well it is......
Dennis
No it is not.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
X~Century03,07~Mercury05~Summit15~Silhouette16 PCL~Caribbean06,09,10~Ruby08~Grand12~Royal17
RCI~Splendor04~Explorer07,09,10~Brilliance13~Allure16~Anthem16~Grandeur17 HAL~Zuiderdam04~Veendam16 NCL~Sun06~Spirit08~Dawn11~Jewel12~Gem12,17~Breakaway14 MSC~Poesia14~Divina14 Cunard~QM217
CCL~Liberty05~Miracle11~Glory13