Barcelona Hotel Precruise

angeleyes27

We were scheduled to be on the Epic on June 28 out of Barcelona. We booked the Hotel Jazz for $158 Euros for our precruise stay which I was happy with. We had to change our Epic cruise to May 2016 (Memorial Day). The rate basically stayed the same on Epic. I tried to change the Hotel Jazz to late May of 2016, but the rate was almost doubled to about 300 Euros. I contacted the hotel and they said rates change every day but that is significantly more than we had previously booked. Is there another comparable hotel around $150 in the area? We are looking for something in a decent safe area close to transportation to get there from the airport, cruise port, and Sagrada Familia. Thank you. Also what are some other top sights to see in Barcelona other than museums.

Hotels have not even really done their forecasting for 2016 yet. Booking this early is probably not to your advantage.

If you look at a price referral website like Kayak, they do not go beyond April 2016 at this time. I would think booking in November to January prior to your May stay might be best, but you will start to see competitive rates about a year out.

There are endless comparable hotels to the Hotel Jazz in Barcelona.

I found no indication of a large city wide conference or convention the weekend of May 26 to 29, 2016.

Ok. I will check a little later. I have never used Kayak or Priceline. Are they similar to Travelocity? Can you just give me one or two other names in case Jazz does not work out. Thank you.

Kayak is not a travel agency and that is why we can recommend it here as they do not sell cruises as well. Recommending other agencies appears to be against the Cruise Critic rules. Kayak checks many websites at the same time.

There are others.

I have used Priceline and Hotwire a lot, but Barcelona is not always my favorite place to do it. I have had hotels cancel my reservation and send me to other hotels and all that in Barcelona.

Even the Jazz website may see a price drop later as they have the 158 euro rate available in March 2016 now. There is no way to know.

Enjoy your planning and the cruise.

We were scheduled to be on the Epic on June 28 out of Barcelona. We booked the Hotel Jazz for $158 Euros for our precruise stay which I was happy with. We had to change our Epic cruise to May 2016 (Memorial Day). The rate basically stayed the same on Epic. I tried to change the Hotel Jazz to late May of 2016, but the rate was almost doubled to about 300 Euros. I contacted the hotel and they said rates change every day but that is significantly more than we had previously booked. Is there another comparable hotel around $150 in the area? We are looking for something in a decent safe area close to transportation to get there from the airport, cruise port, and Sagrada Familia. Thank you. Also what are some other top sights to see in Barcelona other than museums.[/QUO

Stayed there 4 times good prices great location. We stay at the Barcelona on 138 Ramblas http://www.hotelcontinental.com/default-en.html

Edited by softail