SD2 Jan 28 Barbados-Barbados

loving life

I think this is trip #7 for us. I can't believe another year has gone by, and I must say I'm pretty happy it has. Seadream has become the highlight of each year for me. The weather in Toronto has been extremely mild so the need for a warm getaway is a little less than usual, however stress at work is the same as always and that alone is enough reason to enjoy this break. We chose this particular trip because of the Non-Stop Flights! from Toronto. It's the shared British connection Canada and Barbados have that we have direct flights. Handy dandy! Air Canada has the best personal in-flight entertainment, and even though it's a 5 hour flight Toronto-Bridgetown, it goes by in an instant. The airport in Bridgetown is also much nicer than St. Thomas (time for an upgraded departure lounge). Each year in St. Thomas, while all us Seadreamers are waiting for our respective flights, I always think what a bunch of sorry saps we look like, blending in with the "common folk".

All the other options for embarkation require at least 2 flights, and I have bad luck with delays, lost luggage, snow, cancellations... you name it. One way is smooth sailing, but the other way somehow always ends in disaster. I don't want to speak too soon, but direct flights are always the way to go. I would think there will be quite a few Europeans on this cruise as they too can eliminate a 3rd leg of their trip by flying in direct from the UK. Normally they are forced to 3 flights. (Worth it on the way in, not great going home!). Another reason we chose this crusie was because we have not yet been to St. Lucia or Tobago, and we will spend 3 days beforehand at the Fairmont in Barbados, which we enjoyed very much the last time we were on that island. We will be coming with friends from Toronto, also past Seadreamers. Will anyone else be joining us? I look forward to hearing from you all, and in the meantime, Happy New Year!!

Hi loving life!

Think we have sailed together in the past, perhaps four or 5 years ago. We will be on that cruise with you. We are a group of about 10 from all over the US. All are former Sea Dreamers who mostly met on board and love Sea Dream. We were all looking for a different Caribbean experience than out of St Thomas or San Juan -been there, done that many times.

We are really looking forward to this cruise and some new islands.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Loving Life, you can add us to the list - we'll be on board too!

This will be our 8th SD cruise. My brother and his wife (who took their first SD cruise with us last year) will be joining us, the Vandrefalks, and the whatnots again this year.

We're really looking fwd to this new (to us) island itinerary and seeing some very different places this time around. Hope to meet you on board. :D

Loving Life, you can add us to the list - we'll be on board too!

This will be our 8th SD cruise. My brother and his wife (who took their first SD cruise with us last year) will be joining us, the Vandrefalks, and the whatnots again this year.

We're really looking fwd to this new (to us) island itinerary and seeing some very different places this time around. Hope to meet you on board. :D

Some day we are going to have to join this happy group of cruisers since we met whatnot and Vandrefalks here at our home in NC! Sounds like a fun group:D

Some day we are going to have to join this happy group of cruisers since we met whatnot and Vandrefalks here at our home in NC! Sounds like a fun group:D

How fun would that be?!

Well I'm thinking there might be enough of us CC posters to warrant an actual *charter* cruise some day!? You never know!! ;)

And if you all (y'all?) have another get together in North/South Carolina and we get enough notice we might just fly out and join in the fun since everyone had a such great time at the first get together! :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyJen

Some day we are going to have to join this happy group of cruisers since we met whatnot and Vandrefalks here at our home in NC! Sounds like a fun group

How fun would that be?!

Well I'm thinking there might be enough of us CC posters to warrant an actual *charter* cruise some day!? You never know!!

And if you all (y'all?) have another get together in North/South Carolina and we get enough notice we might just fly out and join in the fun since everyone had a such great time at the first get together!

Please keep us informed of any plans made.

We stand ready to book as we are anxious to sail together again. (For January 2013 please make it after January 13th--it is all about me, right? :D) Hmmm...Feb 3 2013 looks good. Heck, they all look good.

Please keep us informed of any plans made. We stand ready to book as we are anxious to sail together again....

Hey, you had yer chance, fpebbles!! :p Seriously, we're all going to miss you this time around, and you can bet we'll raise our champagne glasses and toast you two!

Not sure about the others, but Mr. CDreamer and I may go with open booking next time around, just to keep the dates/locations a bit more flexible.

Woo hoo!! DJ's DH was just asking me when our docs would be arriving. I think that's when it become REAL for him!

Yep. Cruise starts when the docs arrive. Crummy e tickets on Cunard. Where is my nice folder and tags???:eek:

Tomorrow we leave from Sweden heading for Barbados. Can't wait! We have had a very dreary, dark, windy and rainy winter. So we cannot wait to first spend 5 nights on the island and then a wonderful 9 days on Sea Dream. See you all!

Tomorrow we leave from Sweden heading for Barbados. Can't wait! We have had a very dreary, dark, windy and rainy winter. So we cannot wait to first spend 5 nights on the island and then a wonderful 9 days on Sea Dream. See you all!

Have a safe trip, Baskis, and we'll probably meet you on board!

Safe travels baskis! Dj's DH and I certainly can understand your wanting to leave Sweden at this time of the year:eek:

Well, the bags are packed and we hopefully are ready to head out for a 6:50am flight tomorrow morning. It will be a long day but we are looking forward to Barbados, meeting our friends and enjoying 9 luxurious nights on SD 2.

Whatnot, cdreamer and we are in barbados! Meeting up dor dinner tonight at Brown Sugar and tomorrow we board! As some of you know, I really, really need this vacation!!:):)

We'll try to post and let you know crew and other details!

Vandrefalk

Glad to know that you have arrived safe and sound! Can totally relate to NEEDING my SD vacation:p

Please give our best to all ... Don't forget to ask Zoltie to sing "Sweet Caroline" with you! Let him know I am there in spirit:p

Glad to know that you have arrived safe and sound! Can totally relate to NEEDING my SD vacation:p

Please give our best to all ... Don't forget to ask Zoltie to sing "Sweet Caroline" with you! Let him know I am there in spirit:p

Whatnot, cdreamer and we are in barbados! Meeting up dor dinner tonight at Brown Sugar and tomorrow we board! As some of you know, I really, really need this vacation!!:):)

We'll try to post and let you know crew and other details!

Vandrefalk

HEY.....IT'S ME WAIT!!!! I will be traveling with you guys via internet! It's a lot cheaper but not the same! Don't forget....Fly me to the moon! WHAT WAS I THINKING???? Ask Zolt what he has from Poland. Really missing you guys now! DJ we need to coordinate a SD cruise...Sit in the height of luxury and discuss Disney......keep us posted!!!

HEY.....IT'S ME WAIT!!!! I will be traveling with you guys via internet! It's a lot cheaper but not the same! Don't forget....Fly me to the moon! WHAT WAS I THINKING???? Ask Zolt what he has from Poland. Really missing you guys now! DJ we need to coordinate a SD cruise...Sit in the height of luxury and discuss Disney......keep us posted!!!

Sounds like a plan!

This is one of the hardest parts of cruise embarkation day ... THE WAITING!!

Bon voyage baskis, whatnot, cdreamer, vandrefalk and Peter&Kathy!

Archived