P&O boarding times?

Jayneykul

We are due on Britannia tomm bOarding time allocated 3pm but we want to board around lunchtime. Will this be possible?

Depends what time you have lunch! Suite passengers and very highest tier loyalty passengers board at 12.30pm and 1pm. General boarding starts afterwards but priority will be given to those with earlier boarding times than you. I wouldn't think it would be worth your while arriving at the terminal before say 1.30pm and you might be lucky and be on board a bit early. I would be very surprised if you were on board before 2pm, so as long as you don't mind a late lunch you will be OK! P&O are great at many things. Embarakation isn't one of them!

Apologies for bothering you! The wifi in the hotel isn't up to doing a trawl of previous threads. Thanks Selwood will rock up n c what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My comment was not directed at you Janey, as one of the chief protagonists for a complete re-think of P&O's stupid (of course only IMO) boarding policy, I am only too happy for the topic to be refreshed.

Staggered boarding times are given to ease congestion at the port approaches, check in and boarding. I comply, but many don't. P&O should enforce the times. The cruise lines do enforce check in at Sydney Overseas Terminal. You don't get into the front door if you are early, generally. No check in facility can handle 2000-3000 pax, if they all arrive at 12noon, wanting their lunch.:evilsmile:

P&O should get tough and endorse boarding passes with 'Check in times will be policed.'

Stand by for incoming.:p

Appreciate your point but 3pm seems a bit late when u have to be out of yr hotel by 11 at the latest we've never had a problem with other lines turning up around midday we will see what happens worse case scenario we are sat in the terminal playing candy crush!

Appreciate your point but 3pm seems a bit late when u have to be out of yr hotel by 11 at the latest we've never had a problem with other lines turning up around midday we will see what happens worse case scenario we are sat in the terminal playing candy crush!

Why not see if you can get a later hotel check out time.

Our last 2 P&O cruises we had 3 pm boarding.

The premier inn check out was 12 so we got taxi to port.

We were given the coloured cards with letters on and had to sit till our was called.

We sat for 30 minutes and were called to check in desk and it was then 1 pm.

We checked in went through security and boarded about 1.30 pm.

This was the Ventura 4 night 29th december 2016 new year cruise.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

You have to be out of your room but not the hotel, surely.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Update on boarding.

They are now checking in priority passengers very early so they can start boarding as soon as the ship is ready. We checked in, last week, about 11.40. We boarded before midday and were having Champers just after.

I have always said arrive about an hour early. If they can board you they will.

Update on boarding.

They are now checking in priority passengers very early so they can start boarding as soon as the ship is ready. We checked in, last week, about 11.40. We boarded before midday and were having Champers just after.

Thanks for the update Dai. We are priority boarders on Britannia soon so shall hope that happens to us. The last time we had priority boarding (Ventura in Feb) we boarded at 12.10pm even though there had been delays in passengers disembarking the inbound cruise, which we thought was impressive (especially as we had been told upon arrival that we were likely to be delayed). I take it that you bought you own champers, seeing as how we have discussed elsewhere that the freebie stuff certainly isn't!

Update on boarding.

Thanks for this. It's very handy to know for our Britannia trip in October. :)

We've got priority boarding but had to wait an hour while they sorted out the air-bridge in the Ocean Terminal last time.

BTW terrier john the topic of what time to get to the port is hugely active on face ache and I guarantee someone asks the question every day

I am getting the impression that it's back to the old system then ....... arrive early whenever you want to and they'll let you on. As someone who tried to make the new system work and arrived as requested within half hour of my allocated time, I am now wondering why on earth I did this and I might as well arrive early like all the rest.

I am getting the impression that it's back to the old system then ....... arrive early whenever you want to and they'll let you on. As someone who tried to make the new system work and arrived as requested within half hour of my allocated time, I am now wondering why on earth I did this and I might as well arrive early like all the rest.

No that is not the case. Everyone is getting on in the order they were given only the times are earlier.

No that is not the case. Everyone is getting on in the order they were given only the times are earlier.

In the order maybe, but it follows that those who have arrived much earlier are there waiting and therefore get to board at a much earlier time, whilst the people who are not there because they are dutifully waiting to come near their allocated time end up having to board later and even wait. This seems to be happening quite a bit at the moment too. Well I know what I am going to do in future. I am not going to be the only mug who plays ball and waits for their time.

In the order maybe, but it follows that those who have arrived much earlier are there waiting and therefore get to board at a much earlier time, whilst the people who are not there because they are dutifully waiting to come near their allocated time end up having to board later and even wait. This seems to be happening quite a bit at the moment too.

I refer you to my previous post arrive an hour before your time.

I refer you to my previous post arrive an hour before your time.

Yes will do from now on...... I'm not waiting until my time any more. :)

Edited by Scriv

I just wish P & O would be consistent in their approach...which they definately are not.

Like many others , i try to arrive about half an hour before my boarding time to help ease pressure. But I do object to others with a later boarding time who deliberately turn up as early as possible and expect to get on straight away.....and moan if they don't and have to wait. Its a bit of a selfish attitude....imho.

Well we got their in the parking shuttle transfer about 12.30 and were in our cabin for 1.30 massive thumbs up really well organised best we have ever experienced, cabin was ready really happy with that luggage waiting, very nice buffet for lunch and we've been allocated freedom dining in the peninsular we are very very impressed with everything so far