Did You Enjoy Lebanon ?

r you messing with my head stevie?? :D;) ...its working:D on the upside....thats made me younger than I thought I was! hurrah!;):

on the subject of the red sea? there are only nile river cruises available from thoms now....anyone done one (with thomsons)? any good?...I'm a bit tempted for next year? I am missing egypt a little, never done a river cruise?

We,ve been on a Nile cruise geo, absolutely fabulous. The ships are quite small so there is a good atmosphere on board. Also all trips are included in the price and the same guide travels with you on the cruise so the history is built up as you go. I could read the hieroglyphics by the end.;). We went after the twin towers bombing so it was very quiet on all the excursions. The only problem was as there wasn't so many tourists you got a bit more hassle from the shop keepers. But you seem as though you could handle that.:)

Edited by happy v

so you didn't go to beruit, which port did you go to instead, and did Thomsons let you know before hand they wasn't going to beruit

Andy....we are also going on Wednesday....i do not expect to get to Bierut and i do expect that whatever alternative arrangements that Thomson made last week will last until further notice. They will need to have arranged Port, tours, shuttles, supplies etc So we expect an additional Turkey stop. In the small print they say they can change things if necessary and i imagine they will not tell you beforehand so no arguments about cancelling and less admin burden on their call centre

Given what has happened in Libya we are happy to give Bierut a miss.

We had Antalya in Turkey as the stop instead of Beirut on Eastern Venture. We did the waterfall trip which was down as moderate, but the skylight broke on the coach and we had to wait for a replacement so lost some time at the 2 stops. What was a bit upsetting on this tour was the 445 steps to walk round the gardens by the nearly dry waterfall. I did it, but my husband never made it as far as the waterfall even, and went back to wait by the bus. The first stop at Perge ruins involved a lot of walking and standing round. We didn't get to explore Antalya as we felt we didn't have time when our trip got back to take the shuttle bus for the half hour trip to Antalya to make it worth it as the last bus back was 4pm. Shame really. Hope you enjoy your cruise anyway, whichever port they take you to. Apart from this one excursion, we loved everything about our cruise.