I got all excited... and then ....

shrimp56

HAL let me down :(

We're booked on the Mediterranean Tapestry leaving Barcelona next June. It's too early for shorex to be posted or so the page has always said when I tried LOL

This morning I got an email saying shorex were ready to be booked. Went there. Same message in red:( My guess is that they sent a generic email to everyone who has a cruise booked. What a bummer :( Don't tease me like that HAL.

Oh well. Maybe some chocolate will ease my disappointment :D

We're booked on the Mediterranean Tapestry leaving Barcelona next June. It's too early for shorex to be posted or so the page has always said when I tried LOL

This morning I got an email saying shorex were ready to be booked. Went there. Same message in red:( My guess is that they sent a generic email to everyone who has a cruise booked. What a bummer :( Don't tease me like that HAL.

Hopefully in the next 270 days before your cruise, this will all sort out. Plus they may add even more choices the closer to the actual date of the cruise. We keep checking to see if anything more is added from our first look a few months out. Pre-booking can be critical if there are popular and limited tours, but rarely have we run into a sold out tour.

More likely they add more busses, and there are often last minute cancellations if you do end up on a wait list. We even jumped on the bus in the Athens/Piraeus parking lot at the dock when we learned at the last minute after our arrival for our DIY day in Athens that the metro into town was on strike, so they signed us up for the shore tour right then and there in the parking lot.

It is a generic email - I got the same one for my cruise and of course there are no shore excursions ready - nor any PG to book.

Give it time and don't let it bother you.

HAL really needs to fix these generic emails to match when things are really ready - yeah right:rolleyes: I'm really dreaming;)

We got the same email - I know the shore excursions are up for our cruise in February, but I had wanted DH to book a couple of Pinnacle nights, and that had not been available. Perhaps it's still not available!

Got a note from a friend who emailed HAL - PG dinners for 2014 should be available by November if that helps at all Ann

I got the same email today. Strangely, it was kind of personalized. It had my booking number for my Amazon cruise, but nothing about my April voyage on the Amsterdam. Perhaps stranger still, I've booked all my shorex for the Prinsendam but nothing for the Amsterdam.

Roy

Thanks for your kind comments and suggestions:)

It was meant more as a tongue-in-cheek post than a whine. It IS early for ours to be up. I just thought the email was rather funny under the circumstances.

I have already poked around for private tours in certain locations where I know what HAL will offer won't match our interests.

Archived