Grand anse on a Monday !

angiebabes

Can anyone advise if we can still get a cocktail on the beach with our lounger on a Monday? :)

I'm not sure why the day of the week would matter. We had a choice of chairs and drinks when traveling on a Monday.

There were many 'hawkers' trying to get you to rent their chair and umbrella and that they would 'look after you'.

Stroll the beach a bit, not all the lounge chairs and umbrellas are made equally. We found some with think cushions for the same price as the others with just hard chairs were being offered.

We had chosen an area away from the crowds a bit but in the end they just filled it in with more chairs so it wasn't as quiet as we had hoped.

We will walk further next time.

Edited by monicajay

Hi everyone - am not clever enough to pick quotes and respond to to them all at once so am going old fashioned :o

In the past we have indeed not opened on Mondays and trying to find a bar or restaurant was quite impossible - good news is that we have changed so I would consider it a safe bet that the beach vendors, Umbrellas, Coconuts Restaurant will be open for business.

New Years Day now that could be a completely different matter. Sundays if your ship comes in there are very few things open so I can not guarantee there will be a lot open but you never know Grenada may surprise me :)

Coyaba Hotel recently refurbished all their lounger cushions and sold the older ones (nothing wrong with them but they updated and refreshed their decor) to the lovely beach chair vendors on the beach. That said it may be worth a stroll if you want nice cushions versus nothing ;)

Have a fun day on our lovely island.

Update....a quick call to Umbrellas and a lovely lady told me yes they are open New Year's Day from 11am :D

You can always check them out on their facebook page - just search Umbrellas Beach Bar Grenada

Edited by IslandStar

• 3 weeks later...

I will also be there on New Year's Day :), so thank you for all of this helpful information. I will be traveling with family members that range from 15 years old to 80. Is the Coyoba Hotel going to be a nicer choice than Lazy Days? How far of a walk are both from the water taxi? Thank you!!

Lazy Days is closer and to be honest since the vendors bought the cushions from the Coyaba you should also have nice loungers on offer nearby. I would suggest check out Lazy Days as by all accounts food and drinks are good and you are right there on the beach (also it isn't as far as Coyaba the older members of your party - although these days I'm seeing super sprightly 80 year olds which put me to shame.

have a great day :cool:

Lazy Days is closer and to be honest since the vendors bought the cushions from the Coyaba you should also have nice loungers on offer nearby. I would suggest check out Lazy Days as by all accounts food and drinks are good and you are right there on the beach (also it isn't as far as Coyaba the older members of your party - although these days I'm seeing super sprightly 80 year olds which put me to shame.

have a great day :cool:

My DH will be scuba diving with Dive Grenada, located at the Flamboyant Hotel. What is the closest spot for me to get a lounger and drinks for the day? I plan on limin' while he is checking out the world under the sea. Thanks.