Royalton White Sands

jessandtwo

Not sure about Day passes (or if they even do them) but we are considering staying there for 10 days next April. I've done a lot of research on it and it looks nice. I'd be interested in knowing if they do day passes for cruise visitors or not. It is definitley very near the port in Falmouth, so that would be nice!

I've emailed them to see if they do offer day passes. I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

I found a thread on another site that says they do, but I haven't confirmed it directly with the resort.

I'll let you know what I find out.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is weird I emailed them annd it took 4 days to get reply but I just did. The day before I received the email I called thhe resort itself.

The email said yes to a day pass $100 pp all inclusive.

The phone call to the front desk said Yes $100 pp but she said she would connect me to the reservation desk for this.

The reservation desk said NO not for a year they have stopped day passes.

So I am about to email them back and see what is true. I had requested a day pass for the end of February 2015.

******Here is a copy of the letter I recieved ******

Hi Susan

Thank you for your email.

The rate for our day pass at the resort is US$100 per adult. We are able to accommodate you for the time requested.

Payment can be made at our front desk upon your arrival to the resort.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Best Regards,

Rosie

Rosalind Jacks-Pinnock

Sales/Reservation Assistant

Tel:- (876) 632–7401, EXT:- 7454

reservation2MBJ@royaltonresorts.com

Media Kit: http://www.bluediamondresorts.com/blue-diamond-media-kit.html

Hope this helps, looks like a nice and close place to go to if you are docking in Falmouth.

Sue

They emailed me back annd said it is all set and I can have a day pass for the date I wanted. They took my info and will have it at the gate and front desk. I also printed out all the emails I got from them to insure they let me in.

Take lots of pics and report back!

• 2 weeks later...

I will make sure to take lots of pictures, I always do, Hubby makes fun of me for taking to many.

I will once again email or call the front desk to confirm a couple days before we leave for the cruise, I do not want to go there for nothing and waste my time.

If that did happen I would go back to Iberostar Suites or Beach they are really really a great place to go. about 1/2 to get to. Taxi about $40 there and $40 back that was for 2 of us. I do have picture of Iberostar on Face Book my name is Susan Funari, go to my albums and scroll down to Freedom Cruise 2013 it should be pictures after I post pictures of our cabin. Great place.

I will be back on March 3rd and will let you know then when I get my pictures uploaded to face book and what we thought of the place.

Sue

Edited by Watermanfunari

Sue- how are you guys planning on getting to White Sands? Are you going to use their transportation or take a taxi? When they said they could provide transportation was that an add on charge to the $100 day pass? Thanks!

I am going to just take a taxi from the port. It is expensive no matter what. Not to far away. I paid $45 for 2 people each way to iberostar last time, so I am figuring the same just in case. They told me on the phone to find a taxi there.

I will let you know when I get back.

Sue

I am going to just take a taxi from the port. It is expensive no matter what. Not to far away. I paid $45 for 2 people each way to iberostar last time, so I am figuring the same just in case. They told me on the phone to find a taxi there.

I will let you know when I get back.

Sue

I'm looking forward to hearing about it!

• 4 weeks later...

OMG Royalton White Sands Resort was the best. I could not wait to get back to post to you that were wondering.

I was going to change the last minute because of all the people saying it was bad, well I think they said that so it will be kept a secrect.

The beach was a nice size, I hate a beach were I have to walk forever to get to the water, this beach was medium size and no seaweed the day wew were there the water was clear but one man said he if wanted to walk to the right further down the beach it was really clear water for better snorkeling. It did not bother us because we stayed in the pools the whole day, no need for the beach for us that day.

The pool area had 3 pools 1 small with lounge chairs, another for all ages which was a little deeper then the others and the adult pool with swim up bar overlooking the beach. It was wonderful. There was a kids play pool with lots of stuff in it to do and play on, it was great. Tipping bucket, slides ect.

Next to the pool they served hamburgers and hotdogs. On beach they had a barbaque, jerk chichen and steak and if you wish the hottest sauce in the world, lol Or you can go back to the Buffet and eat lunch.

They have a buffet restaurant also which we had breakfast in there when we got there, they serve chapmagne, mimosa's bloodymarys all included. Really good and nice and clean.

We were there on the ship from 7am until 4pm, so we got off the ship and got to the resort around 8:30am, checked in no problems, $100 pp cash. You have to get there early to get a lounge chair next to the adult pool, we found 2 by the steps to get in which made me happy. Other wise you can put chairs in the shade by the other pool. The do have a large hot tub but it was the same temp as pool but with bubbles. It is so hot in Jamaica that you do not want hot water that is for sure.

The taxi was $25 plus a tip there we gave $30 there and $30 back. Great taxi driver, he was there at 2:30 to pick us back up and he had his family with him, 2 children 18 months and a 4 year old and his wife, he did not want to be late to pick us up so he brought them, then he dropped them off before we got back to the port, he had told his son the 4 year old he had to pick us up, when we got in the taxi the son says, hey Dad are these the TOUISTS? lol I started laughing so hard, he was so cute, we keep telling everyone we are the tourists, lol Then he started playing spider up my husbands arm, lol to cute, was a great ride there and back. it was only like a 5 to 10 minute ride if that, really close, more time at the resort.

The grounds at the Royalton White Sands Resort were kept beautiful, the flowers were beautiful, they were out there doing landscaping, working on everything the whole day by hand. Very clean place.

If I figure out how to post pictures on here I will post them, otherwise I will be downloading them and putting them on my face book page in the next week and I can then post my name so you can go over there and look at my pictures.

You will not be sorry you if you go there I am so happy we went, but my husband got so burnt that day, so bring lots of lotion or wear a shirt and hat if you have to. He is Italian and dark to start with and he still got that burnt he is peeling really bad right now, lol So beware.

Sue

Thank you for your great reply! I have a couple questions..

Do you have to do AI or can you pay as you go?

Did you have any alcohol drinks? If so, was there a full bar?

Did you book the taxi ahead of time or just grab one when you got off the ship?

You said the taxi ride was 5-10 mins, was this from Falmouth or did you dock somewhere else?

Thanks again for your review...I wasn't sure about this port, but now I feel like I have something to look forward to!

:)

Glad I could be of some help.

It is an all inclusive, you have to pay the $100 pp I think children were less because they do not drink. Anything you want to drink was there, bar tenders in the swim up bar were funny and also lined up shots to every 1/2 hour, lol we drank mudslides or bailyes or beer. Champagne and mimosa for breakfast we had, soda with my burger, the servers walked around pool to get you drinks if you were not in the pool.

Yes I was docked in Falmouth, it is a very nice new port just to get off and shop in stores get a drink, ice cream, listen to music.

Yes I walked out to the end of the port were all the taxi drivers were and just asked one of the drivers to take us to Royalton, it was a short drive, more time in the in sun for me, lol the Iberostar we did last time was 20 to 30 minutes there and back, got a little tour, but liked how close the Royalton was.

I will try to get my pictures downloaded by Monday so you can see, I took so many it will take forever to do but stay tuned, lol

Sue

Glad I could be of some help.

It is an all inclusive, you have to pay the $100 pp I think children were less because they do not drink. Anything you want to drink was there, bar tenders in the swim up bar were funny and also lined up shots to every 1/2 hour, lol we drank mudslides or bailyes or beer. Champagne and mimosa for breakfast we had, soda with my burger, the servers walked around pool to get you drinks if you were not in the pool.

Yes I was docked in Falmouth, it is a very nice new port just to get off and shop in stores get a drink, ice cream, listen to music.

Yes I walked out to the end of the port were all the taxi drivers were and just asked one of the drivers to take us to Royalton, it was a short drive, more time in the in sun for me, lol the Iberostar we did last time was 20 to 30 minutes there and back, got a little tour, but liked how close the Royalton was.

I will try to get my pictures downloaded by Monday so you can see, I took so many it will take forever to do but stay tuned, lol

Sue

Sue thank you so much for your information on the Royalton White Sands. We were on a Celebrity cruise there in Feb. but we only stayed in the port and had lunch and did some shopping. But now we are going back to Jamacia for a week and are going to be staying at the Royalton. I would love to see the pictures that you took of the resort. If I had only known how close it was to port we could have gone to see what it was like. Carol

Carol, I am still working on the picture album of my cruise, soon I promise.

If you stay there for a week, others have said to make sure you get or upgrade to the Diamond Club, it gives you extras and a nice private lounge in hotel and private beach area. I always upgrade to this in every hotel I go to, it is well worth it.

I talked with someone who went to check the spa out. It is by the pool and beach area. She said be careful the floors are really slippery they should of used different tiles on floor but it was really nice, she said the prices were not to bad, but I do not know for a fact what they were.

Like I said before, if one day or a couple days you are there, like others had said about the sea weed on beach or cloudy water (which we did not have that day) others staying there said to walk past the fence on the right and walk a bit and snorkel there it was crystal clear and no sea weed.

I would like to here from you when you get back about how the night life is there at the hotel, like shows ect.

Okay back to finshing my pictures to post. I will be back with a Face book page for you all to see.

Sue

Carol, I am still working on the picture album of my cruise, soon I promise.

If you stay there for a week, others have said to make sure you get or upgrade to the Diamond Club, it gives you extras and a nice private lounge in hotel and private beach area. I always upgrade to this in every hotel I go to, it is well worth it.

I talked with someone who went to check the spa out. It is by the pool and beach area. She said be careful the floors are really slippery they should of used different tiles on floor but it was really nice, she said the prices were not to bad, but I do not know for a fact what they were.

Like I said before, if one day or a couple days you are there, like others had said about the sea weed on beach or cloudy water (which we did not have that day) others staying there said to walk past the fence on the right and walk a bit and snorkel there it was crystal clear and no sea weed.

I would like to here from you when you get back about how the night life is there at the hotel, like shows ect.

Okay back to finshing my pictures to post. I will be back with a Face book page for you all to see.

Sue

Thanks Sue for the information. After we booked our cruise our DD and SIL decided that they wanted to go to Jamacia to renew their vows. Their son and daughter graduate next month from University and college so it is a family celebration.

Now 10 of us are going to celebrate with them. With going back to Falmouth we thought we would just stay at the port when we were on the cruise in February.

It has been years since we have done a island holiday so it will be a change from cruising. After saying that we are looking forward to a holiday with some of our children and grandchildren. Thanks again Carol