Liquor you can't buy in the states 2014

misseskb

Similar threads have been started but are out dated.

There is great alcohol that can be purchased on board the ships and in ports that are not available in the states. What are some of your favorites that you make sure to bring home from your cruise?

Similar threads have been started but are out dated.

There is great alcohol that can be purchased on board the ships and in ports that are not available in the states. What are some of your favorites that you make sure to bring home from your cruise?

What is this great alcohol you are talking about?

"Hennessy Pure White" not available in the states to our knowledge. We don't share that with many, keep it in the special vault only cause we can't get more until the next cruise! Lol
You can get it on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Pure-White-Hennessy-Factory-Sealed/dp/B00JS9P446 Google worked better on yours.:eek:

Gosling Rum. Not sure if it is available in the states. Bought the first bottle in Bermuda about 15 years ago. Purchased new bottle onboard Grandeur.

You can buy Goslings in the US but prices much better in Bermuda.

anything Cuban but you cannot bring it back to the States either

:cj

Your post made me chuckle as I once purchased a bottle of Havana Club on a cruise. I was extremely nervous about getting through US customs. Got home locked at the bottle and it said bottled in Miami.

Available in Canada if you live near border or do cruise from Vancouver or from NE to Maritimes.

I am almost at the end of Florida. Quite a far distance from Canada.

Just out of curiosity, what does a bottle of Sheridans cost in Canada? I do have friends who come here in the winter.

Sorry, I don't care much about liquor -- but what I come home with is European Nutella. No made with "skim milk", etc. -- in Europe Nutella is a treat and does not pretend to be good for you :D

We also end up bringing home some of the Kinder Surprise eggs for the kids -- they are a plastic capsule containing a little toy inside a chocolate egg "shell". The toys are generally a tiny "build it yourself" kit and most are pretty cool. While you can get most Kinder products at specalty shops in the US, the US FDA "outlawed" them years back as a potential choking hazzard. They are widely available in Canada.

Just out of curiosity, what does a bottle of Sheridans cost in Canada? I do have friends who come here in the winter.

$32.75 CAD, for a 750 ml bottle, taxes included (about 30.50 USD using todays exchange rate). This is the current price in Quebec. Different provinces will have different pricing. Sometimes it will go on sale for a few dollars off.

Here is the link to the provincial liquor commission:

http://www.saq.com/page/en/saqcom/boisson-a-la-creme/sheridans-original/625756?selectedIndex=1&searchContextId=-10021715114199

Duty free shops at most major Canadian airports should carry this, for probably a lot cheaper, and they may carry a 1-litre bottle.

It actually came as a surprise to me to find out through these boards that this is not available in the US.

Edited by Rufferto

If you're ever in Jamaica, you've got to try to get the Sangster's Rum Cream. It's my GO TO whenever I'm there. Just got back form an AI vacation and brought 4 bottles back!

I can't remember if it's in the Falmouth port store, but I've got to think it is.

YUM.

Guavaberry Rum

St Maartin only, to the best of my knowledge.

Not available on board, which was what the OP asked, but thought I'd add it anyway. It has a big fan base.

1st thing I thought of. Every time I go there, I get 3-4 bottles and then try to make them last a few years until I go back. Currently on my last 1/2 bottle and probably not going to be back in St. Maarten until 2016 at the soonest. :mad: