Where in Amsterdam does Celebrity dock?

geospyder

We've been to Amsterdam many times but this will be the first time taking a cruise out of Amsterdam. We'll be on the Celebrity Constellation next May for a Baltic cruise. Where exactly in Amsterdam does Celebrity dock their ships?

We've been to Amsterdam many times but this will be the first time taking a cruise out of Amsterdam. We'll be on the Celebrity Constellation next May for a Baltic cruise. Where exactly in Amsterdam does Celebrity dock their ships?

At the so-called Passenger Terminal in Amsterdam right next to the Mövenpick Hotel.

Just few minutes walk or tram from Central Station and Downtown:

2007JotSPTA11-vi.jpg2007JewelotSAMSNight-vi.jpg

Regards,

HeinBloed

If you have further Amsterdam questions you better post here or check for possible other threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=233

Edited by HeinBloed

The cruise terminal is just east of Central Station and close to city-center.

There is a tramconnection into town.

Maybe you arenot aware of this, but sailing into and from Amsterdam the ship has to go through a lock.

This about 2 hours away from Amsterdam if I remember well. Great to see how this is done.

Edited by Loganeski

I Google Earth's satellite picture and it appears that the terminal is just east of Central Station at the end of the pier. I read a couple of other references to the fact that it is about a fifteen minute or so leisurely walk from the train station to the terminal itself?

If you're sailing out on the 28th, we're on the same cruise.

I Google Earth's satellite picture and it appears that the terminal is just east of Central Station at the end of the pier. I read a couple of other references to the fact that it is about a fifteen minute or so leisurely walk from the train station to the terminal itself?

If you're sailing out on the 28th, we're on the same cruise.

Yep - we're on the same cruise. My wife was born in Amsterdam and we come over about every 18 months to visit her sisters but normally don't get into Amsterdam itself. The sisters live in Heerhugowaard and Blaricum. This year we decided to take add on the Baltic cruise to the visit.

There is a tram if you have luggage...I think it is the #26 or #25 that goes to the port

There is a tram if you have luggage...I think it is the #26 or #25 that goes to the port

Both trams go to the cruiseterminal. 25 ends/starts there and returns to the city but 26 stops in front and continue to/from IJburg.

Here is a Google Earth picture of the cruise terminal. The building to the far left is the train station.

I had put this together for someone who was interested in taking the bus to the Zaanse Schans, a great little restored village with several operating windmills.

Furthermore if you like walking and want to see some unique parts of Amsterdam, have a look at the following walking tour. It starts at a tower that is just to the far left/center of the picture and makes a loop via the Anne Frank House.

http://www.*****.com/Amsterdam.html

bus%2091%20a.jpg

Perhaps the following map is a bit more useful to most of you. The red line to the bus is 0.5 miles. The walk along the shore is quite pleasant on a clear day. If you want to go to the train station or even if you wanted to go to one of the canal boat docks, you could continue along the shore and enter the train station on the north side (right where the icon is on the map below). Then you walk through a tunnel underneath the tracks and exit at the front of Centraal Station.

I also show the little blue line that takes you to the start of the walking tour. http://www.*****.com/Amsterdam.html

amsterdam%20map%204.jpg

• 7 years later...