On Our Way!

bama4cruisin

It's always exciting when the day arrives for an long-anticipated adventure, and since this is our first river cruise it's very exciting!

En route to Atlanta for our flight to Prague. Four days in Prague as we added on 2 (independently) to those included in the Europe's Rivers and Castles itinerary. We'll board the AmaWaterways AmaDante next Thursday, June 15.

I'll try to check in periodically as we travel if anyone has questions.

Lois, I read your review last year just after we'd booked this . . . It just increased my happiness with our decision to book AMA.

Thank you.

:):):)...glad I could help. I am still trying to decide what to do........my 60th birthday is in March and I don't know why,

but I just cannot figure out what cruise to book:eek:

We arrived in Prague on Sunday, 2 days prior to the start of the AmaWaterways start for Europe's Rivers and Castles, which includes 2 nights in Prague. We had booked our 2 extra nights at the same hotel, the Prague Cosmopolitan, but booked them independently rather than through Ama. Since we arrived early, we did not have the airport to hotel transfer; however, I booked the limousine service available through the Cosmopolitan for only 900 Czech koruna. We left the customs area to find our driver, George, waiting. He quickly loaded our luggage into the Mercedes e-class and we were off for the 30 minute trip to the hotel. Along the way, George pointed out sites of interest.

Even though we arrived at the hotel before 11:00 a.m., our room was ready about 15 minutes after we arrived. It is very comfortable, pretty spacious for a European hotel, but storage is limited. The bathroom is nicely appointed, but the tub/shower could be a little challenging for anyone with limited mobility as it is quite tall. A nice touch is the sign there advising that tub seats are available for anyone needing one. The a/c works great! Breakfast is excellent, good selection, well prepared and good beverage service. We have dinner reservations in the restaurant tonight; the chef is a Czech TV star/chef. The reception staff are extremely friendly and helpful; they have tram passes available for purchase which is very convenient. We purchased 24-hour passes on 2 days, and they always identified the appropriate tram numbers and stops we needed to use.

A restaurant recommendation if you're in this area (Prague Cosmopolitan, Hilton Old Town or the Marriott across from that Hilton) is the Kolkovna Celnice, down the block from the Hilton and Marriott . . . had dinner there Monday night, delicious and quite reasonable; excellent service,

We've met our CM, Abel; however, were unable to attend the welcome gathering last night as we'd booked an evening photography tour for last night. We also chose not to go on the City tour this morning as we spent the majority of the day Monday at the Castle and Sunday afternoon and last evening in the Old Town Square / Charles Bridge area.

Tomorrow morning, we're scheduled to leave for Nuremberg at 8:30.

So far, wonderful trip!

Happy to hear that your trip is going well. You are lucky that you apparently have not suffered from jet lag. My husband and I have been very tired since we arrived in Paris on the 10th.

We are boarding our boat the Lyra tomorrow.

Elyce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

af22f2505e71170f8e8fd0a3c05b5112.jpg

Les Andelys

It was hot and we rafter next to another boat.

Ramp and bridge to get off the boat.

We did not go to castle ruins.

Elyce

• 2 weeks later...
It's always exciting when the day arrives for an long-anticipated adventure, and since this is our first river cruise it's very exciting!

En route to Atlanta for our flight to Prague. Four days in Prague as we added on 2 (independently) to those included in the Europe's Rivers and Castles itinerary. We'll board the AmaWaterways AmaDante next Thursday, June 15.

I'll try to check in periodically as we travel if anyone has questions.

Hope you enjoyed your trip.

Elyce