Need help getting from Best Western Pioneer Square to tourist places

ksjayhawks

We have 1 1/2 days to do some things in Seattle before our cruise on June 18. We get in about noon on Friday, so have Saturday as well.

Can we walk from our hotel to the waterfront or Pike Market? What about getting to the Space Needle?

Is the CityPass worth getting? Or are there other places that are worth seeing and enjoying?

What about some casual places to eat?

Thanks for your help.

What I like to do is go to google, or simply Google, and type in phrases such as "distance from (hotel name) to (Pike's Market) and it will give you the distance and time it takes to get there via auto, bus, or by walking. Works like a charm and has greatly assisted us in the past. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The challenge in Seattle is that downtown is built on a hillside. So from that property, the waterfront is a pleasant flat walk, for example, but there's the equivalent of a eight story building in elevation change between there and the Space Needle.

To the original question - yes, you can easily stroll from the hotel to the waterfront. I would get to the Market via the waterfront and public elevators. To get to the Space Needle directly from the hotel I would use Link Light Rail to Westlake Center then use the Monorail to and from Seattle Center.

For walkable casual, I would always recommend Ivar's for fish and chips, specifically the casual fish bar outside. Another option would be to walk onto the West Seattle Water Taxi (effectively across the street from the hotel) and go to Marination Ma Kai.

A slightly longer walk takes you to the International District. I love Jade Garden there.

We just stayed there. Walked everywhere. Went to Columbia Tower awesome view, higher than the space needle.tough walk uphill though. Very interesting library. Ate at Shaun O'Donnell s, very good. Tried Ivar's the next day very dissatisfied with both meals after reading many good things. Tried both the halibut and cod would not go back. BW P S. Had good breakfast and very comfortable beds!! Had top floor room in back very quiet.

We have 1 1/2 days to do some things in Seattle before our cruise on June 18. We get in about noon on Friday, so have Saturday as well.

Can we walk from our hotel to the waterfront or Pike Market? What about getting to the Space Needle?

Is the CityPass worth getting? Or are there other places that are worth seeing and enjoying?

What about some casual places to eat?

Thanks for your help.

If you don't mind walking you can head up 1st Avenue (gradual climb, but not too bad) and stop by the Pike Place Market. \ The giant hills will be the ones going east/west and you will be walking north.

From there you can head over to Westlake Center and jump on the Monorail and head to the Seattle Center or grab a local bus (I am sure your hotel can help you out). We have a great bus system here in Seattle, called King County Metro.

Hope this helps some.