Thank you gift or tipping your PVP?

Jodi3284

I think tipping has gotten out of hand. A nice thank you card would be sufficient. You should tip for server's, salon services, etc. But for someone just doing their job, that isn't in an industry where tipping is required / the norm, I don't think you should do it. That's what makes stuff like tipping get out of control. Soon we'll be tipping everyone. I think it's ok to just do the job.

I always thank my pvp, and thank and thank again, however I don't tip or send a card. I think they are just more than happy to have made a booking/sale, and are grateful for your patronage. I have never heard of anyone tipping their pvp.

I think tipping has gotten out of hand. A nice thank you card would be sufficient. You should tip for server's, salon services, etc. But for someone just doing their job, that isn't in an industry where tipping is required / the norm, I don't think you should do it. That's what makes stuff like tipping get out of control. Soon we'll be tipping everyone. I think it's ok to just do the job.

That first statement is the 100% truth, especially in the cruise industry. We were in Costa Maya a few days ago. I was asked multiple times from those running the stores in the port area for a tip. They literally said "tips, tips." Sometimes I didn't have to buy anything to be asked and on occasion, just looking in their direction and walking passed the store when they're encouraging for you to go in they will ask. I don't believe in tipping a retail worker and will not start doing so in the port area of Costa Maya, especially considering Carnival Corporation has worked with the Mexican government in an attempt to establish Costa Maya as a cruise destination.

Edited by Disconnections

Tipping has gotten out of hand. Now see tip jars in subway and other places for just doing their normal job.

If you want to do something for your pvp then don't tip them. I have a better idea. I have a pvp that took over for my old pvp. I was concerned that I wouldn't get the same level of service with someone new. So after a few years and europe and transatlantic cruises I found he was a gem. I asked him for his supervisors address and forwarded a letter to them. I received an email from the supervisor asking me if they could read my letter in a corporate meeting. Pvp was rewarded, letter put into his personnel file. He was grateful for the recognition.

Tipping has gotten out of hand. Now see tip jars in subway and other places for just doing their normal job.

So True! What pushed me over the edge was a tip jar at my MD's office. :eek:

Apparently her Ferrari needed a tune up.:(

;)

If you want to do something for your pvp then don't tip them. I have a better idea. I have a pvp that took over for my old pvp. I was concerned that I wouldn't get the same level of service with someone new. So after a few years and europe and transatlantic cruises I found he was a gem. I asked him for his supervisors address and forwarded a letter to them. I received an email from the supervisor asking me if they could read my letter in a corporate meeting. Pvp was rewarded, letter put into his personnel file. He was grateful for the recognition.

I think this is the route to take.

I agree, I think tipping is way out of hand. I feel like everyone feels like they have to tip someone for something.

I agree with the poster who said something about sending a thank you letter or even a letter to their supervisor. Sometimes that's the best. Honestly I think a letter to the supervisor could do them a whole lot more good than a tip could because it can help them for years to come.

I have used the same PVP since 2004, and he bends over backwards to do whatever he can to help you. One time he told me when his anniversary with Carnival was and I always send him a "Happy Anniversary" email on that day. He told me they are not allowed to expect tips or gift. I do send him a thank you email or card when we get back and I send him business.

Naoma

I have to agree with several other posters, I sent an email to my pvp's supervisor and let him know how much I appreciate her and what a good job she does for me. He replied with a thank you for the email and stated my message would be included in her personal file.:)

So True! What pushed me over the edge was a tip jar at my MD's office. :eek:

Apparently her Ferrari needed a tune up.:(

;)

Dang, I really missed the boat. I should have kept a tip jar on the Fire Engine, or better yet the medical bag. Oh, you need more Oxygen, for 18% I can up it a couple of liters.

Just kidding I loved my job and did it for free as a volunteer until I was hired.

But I agree it has gotten out of hand and even people who make a normal wage, unlike waitresses and waiters, are starting to "beg" for tips.

Edited by Tutontow

In this situation tipping is as it should be... A thank you to someone who has went above and beyond. She is not expecting it or anticipating it nor is she only working her butt off to get a tip. I do agree tipping is out of hand sometimes and expected whether service is good or bad. This is no that scenario. I truly appreciate all she has done and wish to show her that.

I always thank my pvp, and thank and thank again, however I don't tip or send a card. I think they are just more than happy to have made a booking/sale, and are grateful for your patronage. I have never heard of anyone tipping their pvp.

Thank you for your input, I wasn't sure if it was standard or not.

That is wonderful advice!! Thank you so much for the great idea, I will be sure to do that! I have referred several people to her already :)

I have used the same PVP since 2004, and he bends over backwards to do whatever he can to help you. One time he told me when his anniversary with Carnival was and I always send him a "Happy Anniversary" email on that day. He told me they are not allowed to expect tips or gift. I do send him a thank you email or card when we get back and I send him business.

Naoma

I never thought about them being unable to accept. That was very kind of you!